BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Hi, can anybody tell me which parts I need for fitting a 12 rivet output shaft in my old engine ('84)? Thanks!

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland fitting a 12 rivet output shaft in an old engine; which parts??? Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

Finally_A_K

Finally_A_K
Silver member
Silver member
ReneZ, I cannot comment on your quiry, BUT....I would like to know what the symptoms were that caused you to tear into the motor to up-grade the output shaft?

Was it noisy on slight deceleration, a kind of grrrraaahh rattling noise..?
Curious.
Thanks,
Rick

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Particularly noise, specially on braking on the engine with a cold engine. It might not be the rivets, but I would feel a lot better going on longer trips with my son as pillon if the shaft was exchanged.

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland fitting a 12 rivet output shaft in an old engine; which parts??? Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

4Back to top Go down   fitting a 12 rivet output shaft in an old engine; which parts??? Empty Re: 12 Rivet output shaft Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
Mine (1989 rt) makes the exact same noise on deceleration when not up to operating temperature. I've always suspected it to be the spring in the gear backlash eliminator as they are known for sometimes wearing in the locating hole in the gear. I don't think it is the rivets loose as my previous (1988) engine had loose rivets and it made the typical knocking sound at idle, the '89 engine doesn't do that.
I think Bert has written about this in his resto article some years back.

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I cannot find any information about the swap, but I think that I read somewhere that the bearings are different (something to do with a grooved bearing and the location of the retaining clip on the crankcase). You may need an extra spacer. (maybe not).
Best is to go to see a dealer and have a quote for all the parts needed.

fitting a 12 rivet output shaft in an old engine; which parts??? Frog15fitting a 12 rivet output shaft in an old engine; which parts??? Logo2101986 k75, 1985 K100rt, 1985 K100rt/EML GT2 sidecar, 1999 K1200lt/Hannigan Astro Sport sidecar.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum