BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Eastwood Ceramic engine paint Empty Eastwood Ceramic engine paint Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:30 pm

lechicho55

lechicho55
Does anyone have any experience with the eastwood ceramic engine paint.  I am planning on painting all engine aluminum and plastic parts with the ceramic paint.  It is supposed to withstand temps up to 650 F.  I am not planning on painting the headers or exhaust with that.  I would use cerokote ceramic paint for that.  I plan on using a paint gun also incase anyone has had problems with the spray paint.  The paint temps should be more than enough the withstand the engine temps?  I appreciate any advice.

2Back to top Go down   Eastwood Ceramic engine paint Empty Eastwood Ceramic engine paint Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:31 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Hi mate
I used it on my 85 RT's engine, block and side covers. It cured really well and washed down nicely. One problem was I couldn't see a tiny oil leak from the front as the shiny coating was the same colour black. I was very happy with it. Don't know about plastic bits but it stuck to aluminium and the block really well.
Good luck.
RT

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum