BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Ground cable that i cant figure out... Empty Ground cable that i cant figure out... on Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:13 pm

GK100

GK100
Hi there,

I have found a ground cable that is near the handlebar, just on top of the radiator, it seems cut and i dont see were it was supose to be connected.
I looked in haynes manual but couldnt find it... Its a flat cable with no insulation.

I have taken a photo but i dont know how to attach it...

Thanks for the help

2Back to top Go down   Ground cable that i cant figure out... Empty Re: Ground cable that i cant figure out... on Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:42 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
It's probably the ground strap for the radio antenna on RT/LT bikes with a radio.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT (x2)
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
we have seen the police bike versions with a ground strap to the tank

I would imagine both the pump and variable wiper for fuel level would make lots of rf noise 

the earth strap should reduce the noise picked up by comms radios

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%OGround cable that i cant figure out... Au-log10

"redframe" rs "bitsa"  with many contributions from the k100 community ,,with many thanks

GK100

GK100
Alright!!

So not to worry about it then  Very Happy

Thanks for the advice!  Ground cable that i cant figure out... 112350

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum