BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   What is this?  Empty What is this? Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:25 am

Heresy23

Heresy23
Silver member
Silver member
What is this?  0fe17e10Not sure if this is the right place to post this....today I replaced the 3 vacuum caps and noticed this had what I thought was also a destroyed vacuum cap but it looked more like hose was connected and had broken off Kinda like this picture(not my throttle body) so I just put a vacuum cap over it...I couldn’t find a hose anywhere near ...I’ve been looking and can’t identify what is supposed to be there or what part it plays in my throttle...thanks everyone!! 
What is this?  0fe17e10

2Back to top Go down   What is this?  Empty Re: What is this? Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:32 am

Heresy23

Heresy23
Silver member
Silver member
Just found this picture with a hose connected to it!
What is this?  03947210[url=https://servimg.com/view/20074458/20]What is this?  03947210[/url]

3Back to top Go down   What is this?  Empty Re: What is this? Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:33 am

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
That's quite an early K. The hose in question, and the doohickey on the end of it were used to send intake vacuum information to the ECU. This apparently had so little effect/use that the Gods of K cast it aside. You can safely cast it aside too (and blank the stub off) or you can invest in some 4mm hose and get it, erm, working again...

4Back to top Go down   What is this?  Empty Re: What is this? Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:15 am

volador

volador
Platinum member
Platinum member
'85 California model pressure relief valve

5Back to top Go down   What is this?  Empty Re: What is this? Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:56 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
What Chris said. Leave the vacuum cap on it and blank off the other end too. OTOH you could just stick the bit of hose back on... Very Happy

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

6Back to top Go down   What is this?  Empty Re: What is this? Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:39 am

Heresy23

Heresy23
Silver member
Silver member
chris846 wrote:That's quite an early K. The hose in question, and the doohickey on the end of it were used to send intake vacuum information to the ECU. This apparently had so little effect/use that the Gods of K cast it aside. You can safely cast it aside too (and blank the stub off) or you can invest in some 4mm hose and get it, erm, working again...
So do you think this could be adding to the terribly low idle issue I’m having ? Though the vacuum cap replacement helped....and I capped off  the stub in question....but I still feel like I have a vacuum leak ,or somethings not right ...when I rev my throttle it’s a bit slow at returning  to 0....I’m gonna buy a hose and connect this either way ...

7Back to top Go down   What is this?  Empty Re: What is this? Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:15 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
You will need to cap off both ends one way or another. The K uses crankcase pressure to keep the engine running and without the crankcase end capped off, you have the equivalent of an almighty air leak.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

8Back to top Go down   What is this?  Empty Re: What is this? Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:28 pm

Heresy23

Heresy23
Silver member
Silver member
When I get home gonna take off right fairing and try to get behind the intake and see what’s left of the hose that was there

9Back to top Go down   What is this?  Empty Re: What is this? Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:56 pm

volador

volador
Platinum member
Platinum member
What is this?  1985th10

Vacuum Switch Not Connected to the Crankcase
As been said close off the stub tubing on #1 and tape up the connector somewhere to the loom
1 less thing to worry about

10Back to top Go down   What is this?  Empty Re: What is this? Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:24 pm

Heresy23

Heresy23
Silver member
Silver member
I ended up taping up the electrical end and stubbing it off....found some more hoses that need replaced, so that’s good.
You guys are awesome, my bike is running better and better with all the help... What is this?  212902

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum