BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Need help with these wires Empty Need help with these wires Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Chewbacker

Chewbacker
Hi, I am rebuilding my 1984 K100RS and I cannot for the life of me find where the attache wires go. I know one is an earth but not what they connect to.

They come out of the injector loom.

Thanks in advance

http://forum.kforum-tech.com/members-upload/uploads/wires.pdf

2Back to top Go down   Need help with these wires Empty Re: Need help with these wires Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:46 pm

Arlina

Arlina
Try the horn.
I recognize at the rubber boot Smile

You can also check the diagram for the colors;
http://www.kforum-tech.com/Downloads/electrical/diagrams/interactive_diagrams.htm

3Back to top Go down   Need help with these wires Empty Re: Need help with these wires Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:27 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Violet/white = fast idle, but the spade terminals don't make a great deal of sense because it should be a two-pin female connector going into a block with two yellow wires. That is, if the foreground wire really is violet/white?

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

4Back to top Go down   Need help with these wires Empty Re: Need help with these wires Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:43 pm

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
I'm voting with Arlina. Smile

5Back to top Go down   Need help with these wires Empty Re: Need help with these wires Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:10 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Well we're all wrong Very Happy . Those are the wires for the vacuum switch (top right on the wiring diagram). Should have read the OP more closely - it says 'they come out of the injector loom'. The front one is violet/green - you can just make out the start of the green trace at the bottom of the pic. The good news is you can cut the terminals off, insulate the wires (actually I chopped mine off at the main connector) and forget about them. It was an attempt by BMW to improve fuel consumption at idle but it failed badly. By 1985 BMW had deleted the vacuum switch.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

6Back to top Go down   Need help with these wires Empty Re: Need help with these wires Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:22 pm

Arlina

Arlina
I'm colorblind a lot, can't see the colors on my screen.
But looks near to the yokes, and that rubber boot looks like the one on the horn.

Let the OP check the colors Smile

(Strangely, I'm an electric engineer, never missed a wire Cool  )

7Back to top Go down   Need help with these wires Empty Re: Need help with these wires Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:01 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Right Dai, I knew but when I scrolled to the bottom you beat me to it.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

8Back to top Go down   Need help with these wires Empty Re: Need help with these wires Thu May 07, 2020 4:04 am

harrowbmw

Greetings Chewbaker

I'm about to start on my 1984 K100 RS resto job.  The one I picked up is in fairly poor condition and will take me some time to complete.  I've just finished a resto on a 1983 base model K100 and is so good, I'll be keeping it.  How is your project coming along?
Cheers
Paul Harrington
Adelaide, South Australia.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum