BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K100 Thermostat hose substitution??? Empty K100 Thermostat hose substitution??? Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:22 am

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Anyone know of a substitute for the thermostat hose that runs across the back of the radiator? 

Regards

Dan

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Thanks Duck, I have seen those ones, I was more wondering if there was a car hose someone knew of that matched the size & ID

Regards

Dan

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hmm
nothing iv seen around dan

although a rummage around your local supercheap might give a result ???

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Dan the OEM hoses were nearly indestructible very rarely do they cause trouble. What's wrong with yours?
Regards Martin.

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Might give Repco/Supercrap a try- I don’t hold hopes high tho....it’s about a $50-odd hose from Munich What a Face

Tiniest pinhole leak you’ve ever seen. Just enough to weep barely a drip over a week....very annoying! 

On a plus note, all the body parts are currently awaiting fitting in a new flashy coat of Madison cheers

Regards

Dan

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
You could always try Chris and see if he is in a generous mood. It does happen occasionally.
Regards Martin.

8Back to top Go down   K100 Thermostat hose substitution??? Empty K100 Thermostat hose substitution?? Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:18 pm

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Dan,
I have a hose here if you want it. It is about 280mm long with a right angle bend at one end. The bendy bit is about 50mm long.
Just pm me and I'll be happy to post it up. It is the OEM hose but looks in good nick.
Cheers
Tom

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Tom FKR wrote:Hi Dan,
I have a hose here if you want it. It is about 280mm long with a right angle bend at one end. The bendy bit is about 50mm long.
Just pm me and I'll be happy to post it up. It is the OEM hose but looks in good nick.
Cheers
Tom
Thanks Tom, very kind of you - I’ll give you a buzz if I have no luck tomorrow.....bloody hoses....   Evil or Very Mad

Regards

Dan

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
All good thanks gents, thank you for the suggestions/offers - I managed to pick up a good hose locally cheers

Regards

Dan

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum