BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Cam follower replacement 4V Empty Cam follower replacement 4V Thu May 14, 2020 6:53 am

Arlina

Arlina
I did read somewhere in the past that the camfolower of the K100/1100 4V engines are also the same in some Japanese bikes.
Does anyone know more about that?

2Back to top Go down   Cam follower replacement 4V Empty Re: Cam follower replacement 4V Thu May 14, 2020 9:32 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
The shims on the 2V are the same as some Japanese bikes. I've never heard of the 4V buckets being interchangeable with any Japanese bikes.
Regards Martin.

3Back to top Go down   Cam follower replacement 4V Empty Re: Cam follower replacement 4V Thu May 14, 2020 10:01 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I did some work on this some years ago and found some buckets that were the same diameter but because the Japanese manufacturers put a removable shim under the bucket it was not worth while going further because the valve stem would need to be shorter which meant a change of spring and valve and on it went. All in all it just wasn't worth the time and money considering how rarely they need to be changed.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum