BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AlexAUT

AlexAUT
Hi :-D

my name is Alexander, I am from Austria, 32 and got me a 1986 K100 as winter project. 
In my normal life I am a software developer which I love to do. But engines had my interest forever. Currently I have a Honda CB1000R as daily driver. A GSX-R750 SRAD '98 as another project bike and the newest member is a K100. I am a person of many interests and so a project usually takes a bit longer :-/ 

I joined this forum to hang around fellas with the same interest in the same bike :-) To probably ask for help and maybe being able to give advice as well.

What more to say?! Happy to be here :-) 

Greetings,
Alex

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Alexander, welcome here!

Good to have you here.
Pictures would be great Smile

Cheers from across the border from the middle of Germany

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome from a land that has too many kangaroos.

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Styria... had to go look because I know another Alex in Austria who is into bikes. All I did was prove I know nothing about Austrian geography because he's up in Linz! Greetings from Austria, the land of (no) Kangaroos 177912 

-Dai

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Greetings from Austria, the land of (no) Kangaroos 177912 If you are unhappy with the lack of Roo's we could always send you a few, we do have heaps of spares.
Regards Martin.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi Alexander welKome to the forum. I like kangaroos because each evening they come into my yard and mow the grass.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

7Back to top Go down   Greetings from Austria, the land of (no) Kangaroos Empty kangoroos Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:03 am

poddy

poddy
Silver member
Silver member
I love Roo's too. As a kid they were in plaque proportions.
Dad & the mates wood obtain permits to kull a set number. Nothing went to waist we processed the whole roo.
My great grandma had a great recipe for crumbed Roo,it was great.
Even had a bike seat made from kangaroo.
Now days roo meat is available at the supermarket. My wife is very fussy about the meat she eats. Won't eat this & that kind of meat. Made up a beef  stirfryone  nightsheloved it.kept asking me to make it again. should have seen her face when I picked up some kangaroo steaks at coles a few weeks later.She still isn't over it.

8Back to top Go down   Greetings from Austria, the land of (no) Kangaroos Empty Greetings Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:10 am

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Alexander, welcome.

I know I'm not the only one that's been told that Austria is the capital of Australia.

Enjoy the ride.

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Alex Smile

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Back in '96 I was at last able to get a US passport. I'd submitted my Australian birth certificate, a coupla photos, my father's US birth certificate (He'd become an Aussie citizen in the early '60s after I was born - news to me) and the requisite application and dropped it at a US Post Office. Three or so weeks later I get a US passport in my hands with my name and picture inside! I am no longer an illegal alien! Hurrah. And I don't even speak Spanish all that well. 

I scan the document, reading everything, looking at the difference from my Aussie passport. Then I spot it, a mistake so obvious I can only laugh. It read, place of birth: Austria.

I sent it back next day via overnight mail with a cheeky note saying "Where I am from we have Kangaroos!" I received a corrected passport several days later in the post with no explanation, just a corrected place of birth.

To think I could almost have had, with a little bit of wrangling, an EU passport too...

Welkome to the forum, Alex.

1977 R75/7-100, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '93 K1100RS, '95 R100 Mystic, '96 K1100RS, 2 x '98 K1200RS, '06 K1200R & '09 K1300GT. Projects: 1993 & '96 K1100RS, & one '98 K1200RS. The R100 Mystic, K11/12 Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K1200R & K1300GT are running, rego'd & ridable.

zaubertuba

zaubertuba
Silver member
Silver member
Greetings from Austria, the land of (no) Kangaroos 177912

Welcome Alex!

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the group Alex  

Happy to send you some Giant Jumping Rats  

Greetings from Austria, the land of (no) Kangaroos Fodnfn10

2004 F650 GS known as DACK-DACK

#### K100 RS Project 
2011 R1200 GS known as Big Blue 

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
What about a nice cuddly Drop Bear?Greetings from Austria, the land of (no) Kangaroos Drop_b10

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
MartinW wrote:What about a nice cuddly Drop Bear?Greetings from Austria, the land of (no) Kangaroos Drop_b10

Pretty sure I have meet this lovely lass up near Rockhampton before  Greetings from Austria, the land of (no) Kangaroos 652573

2004 F650 GS known as DACK-DACK

#### K100 RS Project 
2011 R1200 GS known as Big Blue 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum