BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Rookie Mistake 2 Empty Rookie Mistake 2 Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:00 pm

mritz

mritz
I couldn't find where to connect these. Any help is much appreciated.

Rookie Mistake 2 Screen12

2Back to top Go down   Rookie Mistake 2 Empty Re: Rookie Mistake 2 Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:02 pm

mritz

mritz
Just realized the image is not clear enough... we are looking from a top view and that cable is located on the left side.

3Back to top Go down   Rookie Mistake 2 Empty Re: Rookie Mistake 2 Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:25 pm

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
well green and black is 12v fused via F1, and brown is ground, so the 2 pin plug is a 12v power supply for something - maybe illumination for a gauge?
Dunno about the 3 pin connector - the wire colours aren't clear.

edit: item 66 on the OE wiring diagram shows a 2 pin connector for heated grips with those wire colours

edit2: if the other plug is grey with blue, brown, green with black, then it's shown in the OE wiring diagram as a connector for additional instruments.

4Back to top Go down   Rookie Mistake 2 Empty Re: Rookie Mistake 2 Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:50 pm

mritz

mritz
chris846 wrote:well green and black is 12v fused via F1, and brown is ground, so the 2 pin plug is a 12v power supply for something - maybe illumination for a gauge?
Dunno about the 3 pin connector - the wire colours aren't clear.

edit: item 66 on the OE wiring diagram shows a 2 pin connector for heated grips with those wire colours

edit2: if the other plug is grey with blue, brown, green with black, then it's shown in the OE wiring diagram as a connector for additional instruments.
Chris,
So, at this point, my goal is just to turn the bike on.
I don't have heated grips.
and I don't need any additional instruments.
Im assuming I can leave then without any connection for now correct?

5Back to top Go down   Rookie Mistake 2 Empty Re: Rookie Mistake 2 Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:53 pm

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
So long as it's not too cold, yes  Shocked

6Back to top Go down   Rookie Mistake 2 Empty Re: Rookie Mistake 2 Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:22 pm

mritz

mritz
chris846 wrote:So long as it's not too cold, yes  Shocked
Chicago cold? Never...
I've got those heated gloves, vests and pants...even in Jan Im pretty toasty...love to see peoples faces at the traffic light.

7Back to top Go down   Rookie Mistake 2 Empty Re: Rookie Mistake 2 Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:21 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
3-pin connector is probably 4-way flasher switch.  This would be the case if the wire colours are Blue-White, Brown and Yellow-Violet.  Trace the wires and see if wires terminate on Flasher module connector.

2-pin connector is possibly heated grips connector  True if wires are Green-Black and Brown. See if power (green-black) terminates on Fuse 1.

Neither of these connectors will prevent the bike from starting.

Last edited by robmack on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

8Back to top Go down   Rookie Mistake 2 Empty Re: Rookie Mistake 2 Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:40 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
I shall have to check but the three point connector could be for testing the ABS.  However I am unsure whether you have an ABS model.  

VIN number, year model, etc in your signature block make a huge difference when asking technical questions.   Smile

9Back to top Go down   Rookie Mistake 2 Empty Re: Rookie Mistake 2 Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:14 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
According to his profile, the OP claims to own a 1985 k100rt so no abs.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum