BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:45 am

TacKler

Life time member
Life time member
 Mick67 wrote:A broken toe and a concussion this week , in fairly quick succession, have ruled me out of the rally next weekend.......No I didn't fall off my motorbike again....details will be forthcoming when I have formulated a story which surpasses the facts.

Have a great trip.

I heard it was a work place injury.   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 8157

Something to do with getting a bit frisky with some of his clients.  A couple of old dears took offence at something he said .....   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 610153 

..... or maybe they were just deaf and did not hear what he said   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 161205

52Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:52 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I'm in will be leaving Stanthorpe Thursday to Maryborough then Friday to Mt Perry.
I will be travelling alone as I have others to visit on the way home.
See Ya there

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

53Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:09 am

fishboy316

fishboy316
Life time member
Life time member
I am jealous! I want to play too! Hope it is a safe and fun weekend! I will be with you in spirit.

Bill

54Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:51 pm

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
MartinW wrote:Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 723598
Is Grumpy still coming.
Regards Martin.

No Nanna  ( 105 Year old )  took a dive head first down some stairs  so he needs to do some additional hand rails

2004 F650 GS known as DACK-DACK

#### K100 RS Project 
2011 R1200 GS known as Big Blue 

55Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Cane Toad Rally Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:34 pm

Pegasus

Pegasus
Silver member
Silver member
I'm out.
My daughter has come down with Covid, so the household is in isolation.
I'll get there one year!
At least the Ruptured Budgie isn't far away.

56Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:04 pm

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Pegasus wrote:I'm out.
I'll get there one year!

Sorry to hear  
I thought they were changing the close contact rules today  ? 

Might be up for the Ruptured Budgie been a while since doing that one  ( some time in the mid 90's ) 

I'm leaving Saturday morning  for the Cane Toad  looks like I will be running up on my own so save a camp spot for me  away from the Admiral who snores    

will be around a 1.00pm arrival

#### K100 RS Project 

57Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:28 pm

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Matthew-Brisbane wrote:

I'm leaving Saturday morning  for the Cane Toad  looks like I will be running up on my own so save a camp spot for me  away from the Admiral who snores    

will be around a 1.00pm arrival

He's all hands and no restraint too Shocked no Mick there to defend your dubious honour  Crying or Very sad

See what we can do for you spot wise, I'll bring some "cones" up ;-)

Regards

Dan

Dan

58Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:22 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
You both snore so we should put you in the same tent.  Sleep  Sleep You just reminded me to pack ear plugs.
Regards Martin

59Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Fallen Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:01 am

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
A broken toe and a concussion this week , in fairly quick succession, have ruled me out of the rally next weekend.......No I didn't fall off my motorbike again....details will be forthcoming when I have formulated a story which surpasses the facts.

Mick . . . no excuse.  I have fallen off the bike a couple times now and still attending the rally.  Oddly enough the wife is coming too.  Broken toe ??? 

60Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Cane Toad Rally Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:56 pm

Pegasus

Pegasus
Silver member
Silver member
Matthew-Brisbane wrote:
I'll get there one year!

Sorry to hear  

Not until the 28th of April.

61Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:24 am

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Pegasus wrote:
Matthew-Brisbane wrote:
I'll get there one year!

Sorry to hear  

Not until the 28th of April.

bugger only a couple of days  the  virus must have a calendar

#### K100 RS Project 

62Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:08 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Another successful if damp Kane Toad Rally attended by the K Kronies. Two meet up points, Bruce came to Casa Del Martin and we met up with SSD(Paul) Dan at the BP servo and then rode to Kilcoy where we picked up Jamie. We then  rode up via Yarraman, Nanango, Goomeri, Ban Ban Springs Biggenden, lunch at Gin Gin then  to the  Mt Perry rally site. Relatively dry run with just a bit of drizzle. Set up camp again with a bit of drizzle but not enough to dampen our spirits. Rally was well run by the BMWMCCQ, and thanks to Gary (GB777) for his part in organising and inviting the K Kronies to attend. Plenty of food and drinks catered for by the friendly and welcoming residents of Mt Perry's community. 

Saturday there was a damp ride organised by  the BMWMCCQ. The Kronies waited for the showers to stop and did our own ride, where there was a slight bit of confusion on how far it was to Monto. I'll leave it to Bruce for that explanation. On our return we lunched at Mt Perry café, with Matt and Tackler  turning up. We all returned to the camp site for the Gymkhana, thong toss, and Kane toad races and awards. Jamie came close to winning the thong toss, he came in second. We had a toad in the races, I think it was either dead or asleep, it's still sitting there. We just missed out on the most attendees award we'll  do better next year.  A good feed with adequate lubrication supplied Saturday night on site. 

Sunday we declined breakfast at the site and headed to Gin Gin for breakfast only to find the only café that was going to be open was closed for another 20 minutes.  We sat in the outside dining area waiting and the owner kindly took the order for coffees and supplied them  until the café opened. The journey home was very windy with showers which eventually turned to rain. SSD turned off to head to Hervey Bay to meet up with his better half. I rang him when I got home to find out that he had suffered a failure to proceed at Tiaro.  A local motorcycle mechanic pulled up and offered to go get his trailer and get him home for the price of the diesel for his truck, a distance of 204 K's. A very generous offer and it shows that there are still good people out there. I'll give him a call later and get more information. I spent a bit of time hanging out my camping gear in the garage to dry as more rain was expected. I'm sure the other Kronies will add comments and piccies .
Regards Martin.
Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 20220411
Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 20220412

63Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:31 pm

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for a good ride and company . a few quick pics on the way.

Cheers Jamie

Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Img_1610
Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Img_1710
Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Img_1711

64Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:24 am

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Great roundup Martin

Must add I'm pretty sure we were it for the K spec bikes attending, plenty of GS, K1600, R series & such there.

Roughly 1150KM all up for my old girl, dare say most of the K Kluster had a similar odometer reading for the weekend. A few more pics:

Another view of Kamp K, conditions dreary-

Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 27885010

Toad races - we scored the runt of the litter, "Lucky Yellow" apparently

Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 27871910

Thong chucking comp, high degree of athleticism on display-

Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 27855010

Few old bangers in attendance, R80 & R100 GS worth considerable $$$ now in this part of the world-

Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 27873810

Oldest BMW there I believe-

Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 27866010

Martin's next inspiration, but a micro-version of the trailer for the K75-

Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 27747710

I'd put in a pic of Mick doing something daft but, well......MIA.....  Sad

Regards

Dan

Dan

65Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty A few old Bangers Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:00 am

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
StandardK wrote:Great roundup Martin

Must add I'm pretty sure we were it for the K spec bikes attending, plenty of GS, K1600, R series & such there.

Roughly 1150KM all up for my old girl, dare say most of the K Kluster had a similar odometer reading for the weekend. A few more pics:

Another view of Kamp K, conditions dreary-

Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 27885010

Toad races - we scored the runt of the litter, "Lucky Yellow" apparently

Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 27871910

Thong chucking comp, high degree of athleticism on display-

Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 27855010

Few old bangers in attendance, R80 & R100 GS worth considerable $$$ now in this part of the world-

Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 27873810

Oldest BMW there I believe-

Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 27866010

Martin's next inspiration, but a micro-version of the trailer for the K75-

Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 27747710

I'd put in a pic of Mick doing something daft but, well......MIA.....  Sad

Regards

Dan
 A few old bangers Matt . . . and a photo of the back of my head with NO bikes in sight.   What are you trying to say ?

66Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:31 am

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
MartinW wrote:Another successful if damp Kane Toad Rally attended by the K Kronies. Two meet up points, Bruce came to Casa Del Martin and we met up with SSD(Paul) Dan at the BP servo and then rode to Kilcoy where we picked up Jamie. We then  rode up via Yarraman, Nanango, Goomeri, Ban Ban Springs Biggenden, lunch at Gin Gin then  to the  Mt Perry rally site. Relatively dry run with just a bit of drizzle. Set up camp again with a bit of drizzle but not enough to dampen our spirits. Rally was well run by the BMWMCCQ, and thanks to Gary (GB777) for his part in organising and inviting the K Kronies to attend. Plenty of food and drinks catered for by the friendly and welcoming residents of Mt Perry's community. 

Saturday there was a damp ride organised by  the BMWMCCQ. The Kronies waited for the showers to stop and did our own ride, where there was a slight bit of confusion on how far it was to Monto. I'll leave it to Bruce for that explanation. On our return we lunched at Mt Perry café, with Matt and Tackler  turning up. We all returned to the camp site for the Gymkhana, thong toss, and Kane toad races and awards. Jamie came close to winning the thong toss, he came in second. We had a toad in the races, I think it was either dead or asleep, it's still sitting there. We just missed out on the most attendees award we'll  do better next year.  A good feed with adequate lubrication supplied Saturday night on site. 

Sunday we declined breakfast at the site and headed to Gin Gin for breakfast only to find the only café that was going to be open was closed for another 20 minutes.  We sat in the outside dining area waiting and the owner kindly took the order for coffees and supplied them  until the café opened. The journey home was very windy with showers which eventually turned to rain. SSD turned off to head to Hervey Bay to meet up with his better half. I rang him when I got home to find out that he had suffered a failure to proceed at Tiaro.  A local motorcycle mechanic pulled up and offered to go get his trailer and get him home for the price of the diesel for his truck, a distance of 204 K's. A very generous offer and it shows that there are still good people out there. I'll give him a call later and get more information. I spent a bit of time hanging out my camping gear in the garage to dry as more rain was expected. I'm sure the other Kronies will add comments and piccies .
Regards Martin.
Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 20220411
Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 20220412
A very well written post Martin.  Agreed to all.  Big thanks to Gary (GB777) for the organisation of the event.  It was great and my wife enjoyed it as well.

67Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:19 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
All camping gear was hung up in my garage to dry as it looks like the rain has set in. Now all packed away until the next adventure. On the way home I was having trouble with the knee inserts in my bike pants they were all lumpy. This is what I found I had to vacuum out the pockets in my pants. A new set on the way.
Regards Martin.
Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 20220418

68Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:01 am

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
MartinW wrote:All camping gear was hung up in my garage to dry as it looks like the rain has set in. Now all packed away until the next adventure. On the way home I was having trouble with the knee inserts in my bike pants they were all lumpy. This is what I found I had to vacuum out the pockets in my pants. A new set on the way.
Regards Martin.
Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 20220418

What have you been up to on yours knee's to disintegrate them to that extent  ????

#### K100 RS Project 

69Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:15 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I'll endeavour to stop grinding my knees on the corners while trying to keep up. Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 652573 
Regards Martin.

70Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:33 am

GB777

GB777
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks guys and gal for attending, the K Forum went close to taking out the "Highest Club/Forum attendance". The weather was threatening all weekend, but only a light shower on Friday night and again on Saturday just after midday and in the evening. 248 people attended with profits shared between Mt. Perry Community Groups and the RFDS. There were some improvements this year, with more already discussed for next year.

•Dyno Tuned to deliver 115 bhp. •Audiovox CCS-100 Vacuum Cruise Control. •Fuel Plus Version 3.1 Trip Computer. •R1200c Final Drive Gears (32/13 or 2.54). •Ohlins rear shocky. •K100 complete Aluminium Radiator fitted. •Davies Craig Thermo Switch fitted to Cooling Fan with manual over-ride. •Fuel Cap drilled and tapped to provide mounting points for accessories, including mini Tank Bag & Apple CarPlay Screen •HID Hi-Lo Headlight and every other incandescent bulb on bike replaced with LED's. •Bulb monitoring warning light no longer needed so it's now used to indicate when Side Stand is down. •LED (Halo) Front Park Light (BMW Car style).

71Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:34 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
After SSD (Paul) separated from us on the ride home he rode off to Hervey Bay. After his visit he headed home only to have a failure to proceed after Tiaro. A local motorcycle mechanic pulled over and offered to go get a trailer and  ferry the barge home 200 Km away for the price of the fuel. There are still good people out there. Once home the long distance diagnosis commenced. He reckoned the bike just cut out, so I got him to check for spark. Spark was present so next step was to get him to pull the hose of the rail and check for fuel. He decided to drain the tank and whilst draining he discovered that short hose from the fuel filter to the supply pipe had become detached. I had another talk to him as I was puzzled by the just cutting out without at least a couple of coughs or splutters. On recounting the stoppage he remembered  it had a couple of minor splutters. Problem solved, however if he stayed with the group there were three mechanics along with parts and diagnostic tools. All's well that ends well.  Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 112350
Regards Martin.

72Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:17 am

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
The same thing happen to Vic's bike  
He didn't tighten up  one of the clip enough and the pressure or vibration slowly worked the soft line off

#### K100 RS Project 

73Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:57 am

GB777

GB777
Silver member
Silver member
Hey Guys, some photos of this year's rally are up on the website including some of the Forum gang. www.canetoadrally.com.au

•Dyno Tuned to deliver 115 bhp. •Audiovox CCS-100 Vacuum Cruise Control. •Fuel Plus Version 3.1 Trip Computer. •R1200c Final Drive Gears (32/13 or 2.54). •Ohlins rear shocky. •K100 complete Aluminium Radiator fitted. •Davies Craig Thermo Switch fitted to Cooling Fan with manual over-ride. •Fuel Cap drilled and tapped to provide mounting points for accessories, including mini Tank Bag & Apple CarPlay Screen •HID Hi-Lo Headlight and every other incandescent bulb on bike replaced with LED's. •Bulb monitoring warning light no longer needed so it's now used to indicate when Side Stand is down. •LED (Halo) Front Park Light (BMW Car style).

74Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:58 am

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
GB777 wrote:Hey Guys, some photos of this year's rally are up on the website including some of the Forum gang. www.canetoadrally.com.au
Thanks Gary, good to see some pics of the relics (now now Martin & Admiral, no hissy stuff, the bikes I'm talking about)

Regards

Dan

Dan

75Back to top Go down   Cane Toad Rally 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cane Toad Rally 2022 Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:23 pm

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Yes there are some great photos and the weather was also brilliant compared to what we have just had  
looking forward to next year 

I think that also the best photo and only photo I have of Dack Dack

#### K100 RS Project 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum