BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Crank cover and rad hose Empty Crank cover and rad hose Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:40 pm

87m6chris

87m6chris
Silver member
Silver member
I've removed the crank and valve covers so I can strip them and re-paint, how do I remove the coolant hose from the crank cover without destroying it?
Also, has anyone found a cheaper oil filter wrench than BMW?
Thanks,
Chris

2Back to top Go down   Crank cover and rad hose Empty Re: Crank cover and rad hose Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:17 pm

WayneDW

WayneDW
Silver member
Silver member
There are non-BMW oil filter wrenches on ebay.

http://www.fossilapostles.com

3Back to top Go down   Crank cover and rad hose Empty Re: Crank cover and rad hose Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:37 pm

elle

elle
Silver member
Silver member
Hi i replaced my hose without removing case , due to the bend being virtually flat when i bought her.Was easy and new hose was a £10 bit of washing up liquid on outer before replacing made job a lot easier.
pete

4Back to top Go down   Crank cover and rad hose Empty Re: Crank cover and rad hose Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:00 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi elle,
Dependant upon mileage a replacement hose can be a good idea since if they do burst you are in a bit of a pickle, especially when it is miles from anywhere.
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   Crank cover and rad hose Empty Re: Crank cover and rad hose Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:11 am

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
I hit mine with some pentetrating oil at hand, twist as you pull. Same in reverse to reinstall.

6Back to top Go down   Crank cover and rad hose Empty Re: Crank cover and rad hose Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:13 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
By all means use penetrating oil to get it out but when replacing use washing up liquid not oil so as to protect the new rubber hose from the effect of the oil.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum