BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Indicator help please  Empty Indicator help please Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:42 am

Clintinz

Clintinz
anyone with an iota more wiring knowledge than me please help. I’m building a cafe racer like many on here and have a triumph tiger front end. I’m using the indicator block and  the m.unit blue. So far so good. I can get the indicators working but can’t cancel them for some reason. It is a simple 3 way switch, left, right, press to cancel. 
I’ve taken apart the indicator unit and there are 3 contacts. Left and ground, right (same ground). When you press it off it’s not touching anything but the indicators are still on. Any ideas how to get them to stop?

2Back to top Go down   Indicator help please  Empty Re: Indicator help please Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:45 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Have you kept the BMW OEM flasher uint and are trying to interface to that piece of equipment? Or are you using the built-in indicator functionality of the M.unit? If the latter, then your question is best directed to the Motogadget support line.

3Back to top Go down   Indicator help please  Empty Re: Indicator help please Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:27 pm

Clintinz

Clintinz
The later. I still have the flasher unit but don’t intend on using it unless it can be included in the setup somehow? I’ll try motogadet but I recon their answer would be something like “we recommend using motogadet handlebar controls with the m.unit and can’t support any other brands”

4Back to top Go down   Indicator help please  Empty Re: Indicator help please Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:57 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
The mUnit Blue's documentation actually lists 5 different switch gear types it supports:

Configuration A – 5 pushbutton controls
Configuration B – Harley Davidson and BMW controls
Configuration C – most Japanese and European motorcycles
Configuration D – new Ducati models
Configuration E – 4-push-button controls

So you are using Triumph Tiger controls which is closest to Configuration C.

5Back to top Go down   Indicator help please  Empty Re: Indicator help please Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:34 pm

Clintinz

Clintinz
Thanks robmack that is exactly what motogadet said also. Section 8.7 menu option C for those newbies like me that stumble across this.
Thanks for your help.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum