BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Clintinz

Clintinz
I’m sure the Germans put it there for a purpose but I can’t figure out why other than if the bike tips over. But then do you even want fuel running down over the bike? And I want the space back for my wires. Can this be removed and have others done it?

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Gas at a station comes from a tank in the ground where on a hot day it's cooler than outside temps. If you fill up all of the way on a hot day and the gasoline expands with the bike on the side stand. . .

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
The hose is part of the fuel vapor venting system along with the vent in the fuel tank cap. Try life without it. What's the worst that can happen—fuel droplets landing on a hot engine block or the aroma of fuel vapor inside your helmet?  Is either really so bad, and who needs a helmet anyway? They're just devices insurance companies thought up to limit payouts to their clients. Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum