BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
It has been suggested that a workshop day would be appreciated before The Nabiac Run. I checked with She Who Must Rule and any Sunday up to the Nabiac Run can be done. As the previous Sausage sizzle sanger was a hit with the hungry hordes the Boss has proposed another sizzle. Any objections to proposed menu must be presented to the management at your own risk. Please post if you require work and any suggestion for which Sunday. At this stage SSD requires a revisit to his speedo problem, Bruce requires a side stand modification and Matt requires front wheel bearings changed.
Regards the subservient underling.

Last edited by MartinW on Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Ja Ja, should be OK to attend & rectify the Admiral's dodgy bits

Regards

Dan

Dan

3Back to top Go down   SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. Empty Workshop Day Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:44 pm

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
Keen for any Sunday Martin.  I dare say . . . sausage rolls will also be on the menu.  Andrew the K75S owner in Samsonvale may be interested in coming along to meet with the Kweensland K Kronies.  We maybe able to help him get on the Forum while he is there.

Bruce

Mick67

Mick67
Silver member
Silver member
Good for me most Sundays. No work needed. Happy to help.

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
most Sundays ok for me as well.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I finally got hold of Matt, and a date has been decided on the Sunday 15th of January. So anybody attending needs to post if they are attending and whether they require any job doing.
Regards Martin.

Garyk100

Garyk100
Gold member
Gold member
Count me in, will arrive on my non K, still have a few things to do on Stella before rego, see you all there, Gary

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Gary bring a bike cover I have a reputation to uphold.
Regards Martin.

Garyk100

Garyk100
Gold member
Gold member
Ha ha, can you pm your address thanks

1991 K100rs16v

10Back to top Go down   SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. Empty Workshop Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:36 am

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
Yes will be there.  I could do with a chock under the foot of the side stand. Cap for the rear rim painted the magic silver that you have Martin.  Apart from that all good.    Mick is coming so EXTRA sausage rolls will be made ( spinach and feta )   Lol

I will give Andrew from Samford a call to see if he would like to come and meet the Klan.

Regards Bruce

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Bruce I have the silver paint but you will require a clear coat over the silver. Possibly we are looking at 11 attendees. With only a few jobs booked so if any Kronies require throttle body balancing or your mixture checking or anything else please speak up now. 
Regards Martin.

GB777

GB777
Silver member
Silver member
Yep, i'll be there. Probably around 9:30-10am as I have a breakfast ride to attend first up. No work on mine needs doing.

•Dyno Tuned to deliver 115 bhp. •Audiovox CCS-100 Vacuum Cruise Control. •Fuel Plus Version 3.1 Trip Computer. •R1200c Final Drive Gears (32/13 or 2.54). •Ohlins rear shocky. •K100 complete Aluminium Radiator fitted. •Davies Craig Thermo Switch fitted to Cooling Fan with manual over-ride. •Fuel Cap drilled and tapped to provide mounting points for accessories, including mini Tank Bag & Apple CarPlay Screen •HID Hi-Lo Headlight and every other incandescent bulb on bike replaced with LED's. •Bulb monitoring warning light no longer needed so it's now used to indicate when Side Stand is down. •LED (Halo) Front Park Light (BMW Car style).

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Should be there too, I'll wait for Mick to pick me up in his unmarked discreet silver van on the way through

Regards

Dan

Last edited by StandardK on Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : silver. not white van)

Dan

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
Sorry guys im out. Heading to Canberra for a few days instead.

Have fun

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
In attendance Matt, Mick, SSD, Dan, Bruce, Gary the greater, Gary the minor, Vic and Andrew. Replaced Matts wheel bearings with my nifty bearing extractor/replacer. Bruce had his electrical system checked out looks like he'll be up for a replacement battery. His stand foot spacer is a work in progress due to his Staintune muffler. Gary the Greater supplied him with a pattern which Bruce is going to use to model a new one off. SSD had his odometer adjusted by Dan apparently a little bit of end float was allowing the gears to get out of mesh.  While he had the instrument pod removed SSD replaced his headlight globe with an LED one. But now has a weird problem it no longer has high and low beam. On reassembly SSD fitted a slightly cut down screen that came with a spare fairing purchase, he'll let me know how it goes. Matt and Gary checked the wiring at the plug and everything checks out. I gave him my spare LED globe and it has the same problem, reverting back to the OEM globe and the Hi/Lo is fine. My 75 fitted with the same LED globe has normal Hi/Lo operations. We also did a vacuum conversion job on Dans K100 standard and he'll give us his opinion after further testing. As normal my lovely wife did an excellent job of catering and putting up with Mick. I think everybody had a good time.
Regards Martin.
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. Img20239
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. Img20240
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. Img20241
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. Img20242
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. Img20244
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. Img20243

GB777

GB777
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks go out to Martin and Ann for hosting another great service day and to Ann, Annie and Bruce for the great tucker.

•Dyno Tuned to deliver 115 bhp. •Audiovox CCS-100 Vacuum Cruise Control. •Fuel Plus Version 3.1 Trip Computer. •R1200c Final Drive Gears (32/13 or 2.54). •Ohlins rear shocky. •K100 complete Aluminium Radiator fitted. •Davies Craig Thermo Switch fitted to Cooling Fan with manual over-ride. •Fuel Cap drilled and tapped to provide mounting points for accessories, including mini Tank Bag & Apple CarPlay Screen •HID Hi-Lo Headlight and every other incandescent bulb on bike replaced with LED's. •Bulb monitoring warning light no longer needed so it's now used to indicate when Side Stand is down. •LED (Halo) Front Park Light (BMW Car style).

Garyk100

Garyk100
Gold member
Gold member
Thank you Martin and Anne  (terrible with names) good conversation and a great feed, some nice K’s, I have not seen that many K75s in one place, thank you all Gary, or is that mingary

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Another great workshop day, thanks oh noble leader for hosting, compliments to the chef for the cuisine. Mixed bag of attendees, mainly K75/100/1100 with the odd V-config and a Dak-Dak too. Jury still out R.E the Vac mod - will let you all know in due course.

Few more pics of today's entertainment - 

SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. 20230121
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. 20230122
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. 20230123
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. 20230125
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. 20230124
Mick scientifically analysing the Admiral's land barge woes, Bruce making his final stand
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. 20230126
New (to us) K75, very tidy unit.
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. 20230127
Eye candy. With Ohlins.
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. 20230128
Matt's now not-so-wobbly RS Motorsport rim
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. 20230129
Martin fondling Dan('s Basic) for the Vac mod. We had an issue on the initial test ride where the throttle bar pulled off the vacc hose. Whoops! 

Regards 

Dan

Dan

19Back to top Go down   SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. Empty Workshop Day Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:05 pm

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. 20230114
SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. 20230115
Thanks once again Martin for organising the workshop day.  Thanks Ann for the great tucker.   Thanks to Martin and Garry for helping with the chock on the side stand.  Have ordered a couple pucks and will model one off the template that Garry kindly gave to me.    It was great to see new comer Andrew with his tidy K75S.    A great turnout.   I think I counted 11 bikes.

Thanks all.

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
MartinW wrote:While he had the instrument pod removed SSD replaced his headlight globe with an LED one. But now has a weird problem it no longer has high and low beam. (...) Matt and Gary checked the wiring at the plug and everything checks out. I gave him my spare LED globe and it has the same problem, reverting back to the OEM globe and the Hi/Lo is fine.
Internal short. I've had two like that: one drove me nuts for quite literally hours because I was trying to bench test a new loom. Dip would work okay but high beam and dip came on together. Eventually tried a standard halogen and of course, there was nothing wrong with my wiring. I couldn't trust them after that which was a shame because they are the perfect bulb for bench testing (low heat).

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Dai I had a look at my spare  Globe this morning and used my auto darkening welding helmet to observe the globe. The high beam LED is not functioning no matter what terminal is powered up, the low LED is always lit. My globe is a one of a pair that I bought probably 4 years ago. I told SSD to take his back to the supplier.
Regards Martin.

22Back to top Go down   SE Kweensland K Kronies Workshop. Sunday 15th January 2023. Done and Dusted. Empty Workshop day Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:13 am

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
Could it be a dirty or loose contact, which is not good enough for the low current of LEDs? Let's say the the right headlight switch.

The flash to pass switch is upstream of those switches, and bypasses them. If for example the LED headlight works with the flash to pass switch, the globe is good, and the problem might be downstream from the flash to pass switch.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Dave I've started another post in Electrical. Hitting the flash function doesn't change things. All connections are clean and tight.
Regards Martin.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
great to see guys , 
cheers from down here

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Charlie you'll have to attend one, with a bit of planning it could be arranged to run one when you are coming north. Although we have run out of chairs. I never thought it would get this big and we were missing a few.
Regards Martin.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum