BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
The tubular type, not the pressed-steel one on the K100LT/RT. I'm putting an RT fairing on LFB and want to transfer across the twin headlight setup but it fouls the pressed-steel spider. I found this before and fitted LFB with the later RS tubular spider. Unfortunately James Sherlock want £99.00+p&p and Motorworks want well into three-figures for one. I cry pensioner poverty... Anyone got a spare K1100LT fairing spider please? [Got one, thanks to firstle] 44271 Anyone got a spare K1100LT fairing spider please? [Got one, thanks to firstle] 44271

Yes, I know I'm opening a new can of worms regarding fitting but with any luck, they'll be tasty worms.

Anyone got a spare K1100LT fairing spider please? [Got one, thanks to firstle] 4

Last edited by Dai on Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

firstle

firstle
Life time member
Life time member
i have one here in birmingham £25 , i will be in cork atter this month (i think/hope) or could post but not sure on postage cost . let me know . text maybe best my phone is old and reception here is not good . 07400600584 craig

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Hello Craig

That sounds brilliant. Postage by ParcelForce would be best as I'm up in Northern Ireland. Can you pm me please so we can arrange payment inc. p&p plus my address? Postage from Down South is stupid-high...

Thank you.

-Dai

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California

firstle

firstle
Life time member
Life time member
text me your email , the pm area is to complicatd here

RS Rider

RS Rider
Gold member
Gold member
Dai,

I don't want to take this off-topic, but I see a fork stabilizer. Which one is that?

Tom

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Tom

It's erm... partly home made. I bought a s/h Tarozzi brace for a Moto Guzzi SP1000, only to find that the reason the PO was dumping it was because he'd bought the wrong one and was now trying to offload it. I couldn't complain to ebay because I'd slung it up on a shelf and forgot about it for a couple of months. I tried the slider clamps on the K100 just because I was trying to find if it would fit any bike I had and was damn surprised to find they were a perfect fit. Cue making an enemy of both wrists by hacksawing a piece of 6mm 304 stainless to make the bridge. I guess that was what caught your eye?

Tarozzi do make a K100-specific fork brace as I've bought one since for the RT, but you'll have to trawl ebay as I believe they are no longer made.

-Dai

[Edit] Here you go - just south of the line from you:-

https://www.fastfromthepast.com/26-0012

Price is about right before your stomach meets your spine Very Happy

RS Rider

RS Rider
Gold member
Gold member
Dai,

Edgar from Flat Racer was telling me that he was expecting stock this month or next, but your link to Fast From The Past is a better price. Ordered!

Thanks,
Tom

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum