BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Greetings from North Dakota Empty Greetings from North Dakota Thu May 25, 2023 9:26 pm

oofdakota

oofdakota
My first motorbike was a 1966 Yamaha Big Bear 250.  It was 2 years old, I was 15.  They called them scramblers at the time, but I think the definition evolved to enduro.  I've had a succession of enduros since then, they looked rough when they were parked for the last time.   Life changed in 1984 when a friend let me ride his BMW gs.  I had to have my own and was successful 3 years later.  What really got to me was how well they worked in both the dirt and on the highway.  My lastest (and probably my last) is a 2001 1150 GS.  I can still work on this one as the electronics are not beyond my capabilities.  My riding has been mostly on the road now as I don't seem to bounce as well as I did when I had the Big Bear 55 years ago.  

So I got to thinking maybe a road bike would be a good companion.  The gs is a good road bike, but I was thinking something more gentlemen-like.  So I acquired a 85 K100RT.  It's quite the treat to ride.  I'm fairly good with BMW mechanicals, but I thought it might be beneficial to join a forum and read what others do, and it appears to be a great repository of information.  Good to meet all of you.

2Back to top Go down   Greetings from North Dakota Empty Re: Greetings from North Dakota Fri May 26, 2023 5:15 am

Bernie_K100

Bernie_K100
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi,

Greetings from North Dakota 177912 to this forum!

Bernie

3Back to top Go down   Greetings from North Dakota Empty Re: Greetings from North Dakota Fri May 26, 2023 6:21 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Greetings from North Dakota 177912

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

4Back to top Go down   Greetings from North Dakota Empty Re: Greetings from North Dakota Fri May 26, 2023 7:48 am

bad boy

bad boy
Life time member
Life time member
hello oofdakota
Greetings from North Dakota 177912

Greetings from North Dakota 9438-010

5Back to top Go down   Greetings from North Dakota Empty Re: Greetings from North Dakota Fri May 26, 2023 9:04 am

fishboy316

fishboy316
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome! Yes this is a great place for information. These ladies and gents have saved my butt several times!  Big thumb

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum