BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
Well the resurrected bike career lasted an entire six days before characteristic stupidity showed up and invited itself on board. Still, the familiarity is, well, familiar I suppose.
So, this post is intended to be a leg up for any fellow bike-riding morons out there. Y'never know who, or what, is inside that worryingly out of date helmet.
Symptoms: starts and runs fine, no concerns at all until you get (or try to get) top side of 6k. It will do it, but revs only rise slowly. Just feels like no power, although it doesn't make much difference if you're in first or fifth, so it's not really a power issue, just a reluctant-to-build-revs issue.
(No need to detail what I've spent an entire eight hours today doing, suffice to say I've reacquainted myself with my inventory of spare ECUs, etc. etc. and etc. again)
Aaaaand the eventual problem? Blocked fuel filter. as in completely can't-blow-through-it-in-the-slightest blocked.
Q: why won't it rev past 6K? A: because you're a NUMPTY. AGAIN. Img_4910
Disgraceful huh? The date on the filter is 1998,, which would maybe be a clue for anyone with a wired-in brain cell. Oh well. The really pitiful thing is that this has all happened to me before with my K100. However, on that occasion it did take me several months, a butchered AFM, and the installation of a wideband air/fuel gauge and adjustable fuel pressure regulator before the blindingly obvious dawned on me. So I suppose I'm learning.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Q: why won't it rev past 6K? A: because you're a NUMPTY. AGAIN. 723598 lol!
Needed that     .

As i rebuild my 4th .....there is always the assumed it will be ok till it isnt

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
So that's how they colour Guinness up north.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
As a good friend says "we learn from our mistakes so that we recognize them when we make them again"

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
I think it's that human pursuit of achievement that we're fortunate to be programmed with. The carrot that mother nature gave is is the feeling of satisfaction when you've done something that you think might qualify for a little bit of admiration. As always mother nature is wise enough to furnish us with a healthy counterpoint: a little guy who stands behind us and kicks us up the ass saying 'Oi Thicko!'.

caveman

caveman
Life time member
Life time member
Chris,

Boy it’s good to see you back. Glad you go it sorted out.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum