BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   Starter no crank - Page 2 Empty Re: Starter no crank Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:06 pm

Point-Seven-five

Life time member
Life time member
I hate to adit it but my concentration level on this thread is waning.

52Back to top Go down   Starter no crank - Page 2 Empty Re: Starter no crank Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:46 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Point-Seven-five wrote:I hate to adit it but my concentration level on this thread is waning.
As the lawyers keep admonishing us, "Adit nothing!"

53Back to top Go down   Starter no crank - Page 2 Empty Re: Starter no crank Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:31 pm

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
Laitch wrote:
Point-Seven-five wrote:I hate to adit it but my concentration level on this thread is waning.
As the lawyers keep admonishing us, "Adit nothing!"
As is my typing.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

54Back to top Go down   Starter no crank - Page 2 Empty No crank Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:19 am

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
There might be something wrong with the wiring that made something in the computer go pop. In this case installing another one might just make it go pop again. This was the reason behind some of my post's.

55Back to top Go down   Starter no crank - Page 2 Empty Re: Starter no crank Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:15 am

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
daveyson wrote:There might be something wrong with the wiring that made something in the computer go pop. In this case installing another one might just make it go pop again.
The die has been cast, daveyson. "The moving finger writes and having writ moves on . . ." Stay tuned! Wear hearing protection.

56Back to top Go down   Starter no crank - Page 2 Empty Re: Starter no crank Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:49 am

OK1987LT

OK1987LT
daveyson wrote:There might be something wrong with the wiring that made something in the computer go pop. In this case installing another one might just make it go pop again. This was the reason behind some of my post's.
Say what you mean. I’ve been trying to follow everyone’s suggestions. What else should I try?

57Back to top Go down   Starter no crank - Page 2 Empty No crank Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:30 pm

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
Maybe because starter relays are expensive a lot of bricks have after market relays, with the BMW plugs replaced. The BMW plug makes it impossible for pins 85 and 86 to make contact.

There has been a case like yours where the computer wasn't sending earth to the starter relay. It had two normal connectors that were almost touching. I thought if they did, 12 Volts would be sent to pin 11 of the ICU, maybe that would make something go pop.

In the electrical section is a post something like electronic trouble shooting, it's known as Bert's guide, which describes how to check that the ICU inputs are ok (plus outputs)

58Back to top Go down   Starter no crank - Page 2 Empty Re: Starter no crank Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:10 pm

OK1987LT

OK1987LT
daveyson wrote:Maybe because starter relays are expensive a lot of bricks have after market relays, with the BMW plugs replaced. The BMW plug makes it impossible for pins 85 and 86 to make contact.

There has been a case like yours where the computer wasn't sending earth to the starter relay. It had two normal connectors that were almost touching. I thought if they did, 12 Volts would be sent to pin 11 of the ICU, maybe that would make something go pop.

In the electrical section is a post something like electronic trouble shooting, it's known as Bert's guide, which describes how to check that the ICU inputs are ok (plus outputs)
UPDATE: ICU replaced with NOS ICU from eBay. Starter fired right up. Now putting everthing back together. Thanks for everyone’s help, k100-forum.com is invaluable to owning a brick.

59Back to top Go down   Starter no crank - Page 2 Empty Back on the road again! Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:07 pm

OK1987LT

OK1987LT
OK1987LT wrote:
daveyson wrote:Maybe because starter relays are expensive a lot of bricks have after market relays, with the BMW plugs replaced. The BMW plug makes it impossible for pins 85 and 86 to make contact.

UPDATE: ICU replaced with NOS ICU from eBay. Starter fired right up. Now putting everthing back together. Thanks for everyone’s help, k100-forum.com is invaluable to owning a brick.
Thanks to daveyson, Laitch and Point-Seven-Five. After putting everything back together, I’m on the road again.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum