BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   If you can`t ride your K....... Empty If you can`t ride your K....... Tue Mar 08 2011, 12:20

wikur

wikur
Silver member
Silver member
Maybe a snowmobile ride can cure the abstinence.
Here`s some pics from our winter holiday.
The gear.
If you can`t ride your K....... 03410[img][/img]
The crew,preparing to burn some hot dogs.
[img]http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/If you can`t ride your K....... 03310[/img]
"Knubben" nice view for a barberque!!!!!
[img]http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/If you can`t ride your K....... 03510[/img]

We had a great week with lots of downhill skiing and snowmobile riding.
The RS is still hibernating but next season is not so far away now.........
Cheers,Wikur!

Excellent! That looks like Vermont from my late-teenage years, though the snowmobiles are certainly more updated than the old one-lunger Arctic Cat 292cc Lynx I managed to push some snow with.

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
This was kind of what we saw here a week ago. After 3 days of rain and the temperature slightly on the up side (going up to + 7), the white sh&%$#@t is almost gone. As soon as the ground will absorb all the water, I will be able to get the bike on the road. YES!!!!!

wikur

wikur
Silver member
Silver member
There might be a slight recemblance.......
The RS snowmobile

[img]http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/If you can`t ride your K....... 030_re11[/img]

Guess I`m getting cabin fever........
Cheers,Wikur!

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Lol! Cool

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
If you can`t ride your K....... 44271

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Hover K100

Hover K100
Silver member
Silver member
You dont have to leave all the K at home!! Here's my 1986 K100 engine https://www.youtube.com/user/HoverIreland#p/a/u/1/pU8JXTYXXEA

https://www.youtube.com/user/HoverIreland?feature=mhee

I'd like to hear what that sounds like. I was privileged to 'drive' a hovercraft about 15 years ago on a river, a similar
design to that one, but it was quite loud. I s'pose it's because of the blades, or are they like an aeroplane where there's virtually no exhaust silencer? It was a blast to operate and it took me a while to get it right, to get a feel for how the controls worked, and then it was all yelling and hollering about what a hoot it was to ride in. I wonder, other than noise, why they're not more popular. Thanks for sharing that with us. Got any more video clips or information on the craft?

Cheers.

Hover K100

Hover K100
Silver member
Silver member
15 years ago it was probably a two stroke needing high revs to achieve any sort of performance so noise was far higher than modern craft. In recent times noise reduction has a high priority, reduction has been helped by using 4 stroke engines, lower fan speed and through better design of the craft. In the past week there was an event in Scotland with cruises up to 140 miles, distances unheard of recent years.(hoverclub.org)
My craft, a Mirage GP, has a K100 driving the fan through a centrifugal clutch, two flexible rubber joints on a short shaft onto a bottom bearing block and then to the fan by a toothed belt reduction system. The clutch is there to allow easy starting and idling of the K. Fuel is supplied from an underseat tank by an external pump and filter. Wiring is simplified and needs only 4 wires to the front of the craft, +,-, power to ECU and start. Mine also has oil pressure and water temp. Battery charging is by the alternator on the lift engine at the front so there is no alternator on the K. ECU's are mounted high up under the cover and in plastic boxes. Cooling is by a mini rad mounted in front of the main fan.
K's and R's are used because its easy to get a drive from the flywheel, are about the only engine available with that cost to power to weight ratio and torque curves that suit fan drive.
As far as the exaust goes mine has a 4 into 1 collector feeding a muffler box mounted beside the thrust duct fot the K and a hidden in the plenum muffler for the front mounted Briggs V Twin.
If anybody wants I can post pics of the K installation. Philip

https://www.youtube.com/user/HoverIreland?feature=mhee

10Back to top Go down   If you can`t ride your K....... Empty Re: If you can`t ride your K....... Tue Jun 07 2011, 18:21

Thanks for the extra information, Hover K! I've always been intrigued by that sort of craft. I think I'll have a squiz on the intertron for more about them. I read that ultralight builders like BMW motorbike engines for their relative light weight, ease of maintenance, reliability and flat torque spread too. Cheers.

11Back to top Go down   If you can`t ride your K....... Empty Re: If you can`t ride your K....... Fri Jun 24 2011, 15:28

shaftdrive69

shaftdrive69
Philip
I'd like to see pictures of the whole mechanism, not just of the K100. I'm sure the rest of are interested too.
Steve

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum