BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   May I introduce myself ? Empty May I introduce myself ? Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:12 am

Mattonevolante

Mattonevolante
Ciao a tutti,
(hello everybody) from a newly registered K100 enthusiast. I'm male, m.y. 1956, and live in Northern Italy. Ever heard about Parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar, blush Lambrusco and so on ? Well, I live right there.

Got my 1987 K100RS in May last year from a fellow biker living at about 200 Km (125 miles for non-metric members) from my hometown. Day I drove her home it was, guess what ? raining, and not a light springtime rain, it was the perfect storm. But I was so happy, a kid with a new toy to play with, I drove under the rain on the autostrada for over two hours, giggling like an idiot inside my helmet. This K100RS is my bike number two, she shares garage with a 1997 R1100RT, and my third BMW: from 1989 to 2002 I rode a 1985 K100RT.

I like to maintain my bikes myself, but I must admit I'm not such a good mechanic, so I research a lot on the web in the hope of learning something from other peoples experience and/or mistakes. That's how I met this forum, found it interesting and after spending some time here lurking, decided to register.

Ah, my nick is simply Italian for "flyingbrick" and, yes, I hope you all will forgive my poor English.
That's all by now.
Arrivederci
Giancarlo

2Back to top Go down   May I introduce myself ? Empty Re: May I introduce myself ? Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:58 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard carlo ......hope you get some good ideas here
any pictures of your bike ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   May I introduce myself ? Empty Re: May I introduce myself ? Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum. Great group of people here from all over the globe!

OG

4Back to top Go down   May I introduce myself ? Empty Pictures Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:50 pm

Mattonevolante

Mattonevolante
charlie99 wrote:any pictures of your bike ?

If HD in my PC hadn't crashed two weeks ago I would have already posted some pictures.
And before you ask, no, I don't have a fresh backup, freshest one is from ... 2006 ...
Photos are not lost but scattered in several SD cards, USD keys, CD and DVD where I saved them.
They will be posted ... more later than sooner but they will be, promise.
Ciao
Giancarlo

5Back to top Go down   May I introduce myself ? Empty Re: May I introduce myself ? Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:14 pm

Giancarlo, that was a good introduction. One thing I'd like to say is that quite a few non-English speakers apologise for their lack of skill with the language...but I have to disagree, you said exactly what you needed to and eloquently too. Some times others speak better English than those of us who were 'born' with it. Cheers, e benvenuto alla vostra nuova casa fra gli amici!

6Back to top Go down   May I introduce myself ? Empty Re: May I introduce myself ? Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum Giancarlo.
I agree with TWB, your English would put a few of us 'English speakers' to shame.
Nice place Northern Italy. Been to Lake Garda a few times. Someday maybe I'll get there on the K.

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

7Back to top Go down   May I introduce myself ? Empty Re: May I introduce myself ? Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
my birth tongue is Serbo-Croatian (now Serbian). Many years ago as a kid I lived in Pula (near Italian border), so spoke Italian as a 6 year old can and later some French but never English until I was 15. Smile

So, as an expert of "master of none" I agree with TWB. Anyone who criticizes people for not doing so well on Queen's grammar and spelling, and some such thing, should keep it to them selves, me thinks Smile

Just MHO Smile

05/1986 (K55) K100RS Motorsport (Europe), Production Code: 0503, 110k km, VIN:0140519 (SOLD)
1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (naked)
1997 BMW K1200RS red, VIN: WB10544A1VZA22667

8Back to top Go down   May I introduce myself ? Empty Re: May I introduce myself ? Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:29 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"Anyone who criticizes people for not doing so well on Queen's grammar and spelling, and some such thing, should keep it to them selves, me thinks"

I don't think that's ever happened on this Forum and it's safe to say it probably never will.

Welcome Giancarlo.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

9Back to top Go down   May I introduce myself ? Empty Re: May I introduce myself ? Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:00 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Giancarlo
we here in Australia have been fortunate to have A great Italian population which has been fabulous for our cultural advancement. I am envious that you
are able to live in such a beautiful part of the world.
RT

10Back to top Go down   May I introduce myself ? Empty Re: May I introduce myself ? Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:23 am

My Poppa, Guiseppe Tancredi, came from south of Naples in the '20s, emigrated to Melbourne via Argentina, married a local (Bairnsdale/Lakes Entrance) girl, had six healthy children, and never taught them much Italian. Shame, really, but that was the way it was done in the 'olden days'. The 'other half' of my heritage is all over the place, origin-wise.

What I enjoy about this joint is that you lot like the same motorbike as me and we all have civil discourse about bikes, and a few other healthy and not-so healthy things on occasion. I like that a lot. Hail fellows well met.

11Back to top Go down   May I introduce myself ? Empty Re: May I introduce myself ? Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:53 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Giancarlo, Great to have you aboard with us. Italy is a great place and the music of the language is superb. Looking forward to your riding stories and other contributions.
Regards,
K-BIKE

12Back to top Go down   May I introduce myself ? Empty Re: May I introduce myself ? Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Mattonevolante

Mattonevolante
Hallo, and thanks to all of you for warm welcome.
I'm getting ready for first threads, hope you'll like them.
Bye for now.
Giancarlo

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum