BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Transmission mod.... :) Empty Transmission mod.... :) Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Much better than a 6th speed transmission Very Happy
You may have to watch this video many times in order to grasp the concept. I grasped it the first time....... BS!

2Back to top Go down   Transmission mod.... :) Empty Re: Transmission mod.... :) Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:01 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Transmission mod.... :) 44271

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Transmission mod.... :) Empty Re: Transmission mod.... :) Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:34 pm

japuentes

japuentes
Life time member
Life time member
thats exactly wath we need around here :cyclops:

4Back to top Go down   Transmission mod.... :) Empty Re: Transmission mod.... :) Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:44 pm

chrish8846

Silver member
Silver member
Thats a short take of a anouncer that was told " we need to tune the lighting and camera angle so just make up anything you want to while we make adjustments". It turned out to be one of the best adlib scenes ever and has been seen thousands of times. I was aware of the video about 10 years ago when I worked in a new car dealer.

5Back to top Go down   Transmission mod.... :) Empty Re: Transmission mod.... :) Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:53 am

We used to 'initiate' new spare parts help at the shop by having a customer come up and ask the newbie for something like a triple chrome-plated fram-o-stat, an expansion warbler or masturbator valve. The looks we got as the neophyte poured over the catalogues in earnest looking for any and all possibilities to no avail, were priceless. My first test was at a VW workshop and a smartaleck long-time customer who didn't want to deal with me, a newbie, asked with a smile for a thermostat for an air-cooled '69 Beetle. I looked it up, walked to the bin location, turned and handed it to him as calm as can be.

6Back to top Go down   Transmission mod.... :) Empty Re: Transmission mod.... :) Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:51 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
But not the thermostat he was thinking of!

Very clever TWB.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

7Back to top Go down   Transmission mod.... :) Empty Re: Transmission mod.... :) Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:35 am

Yeah, most folks smirk when the mention is made of a thermostat on air-cooled Vee Dubs, like some secret ritual handshake and all in the room should know that "there simply is not a thermostat on them and how could you be so silly"!? As the man said once. The fact is they have one to open the flaps round the engine heating shrouds when they get hot. It's an old copper-expando thing and looks like it would work a charm on a hand-cranked bellows of a coal-fired furnace from old Ned Ludd's (hence, Luddite) day, circa 1811.

Transmission mod.... :) Beetle10

8Back to top Go down   Transmission mod.... :) Empty Re: Transmission mod.... :) Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:36 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
wow what a classic twb !!!!
i think i can see how that doohicky works ...but i would never have believed it ....amazing piece of engineering...
cheers

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

9Back to top Go down   Transmission mod.... :) Empty Re: Transmission mod.... :) Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Rob Roy Mcgregor

Silver member
Silver member
You tube > stanley unwin advice on buying a new car . . i forgot how to link ,maybe some one can do it for me Very Happy

10Back to top Go down   Transmission mod.... :) Empty Re: Transmission mod.... :) Mon May 23, 2011 6:07 pm

shaftdrive69

shaftdrive69
Enjoy!

Steve

11Back to top Go down   Transmission mod.... :) Empty Re: Transmission mod.... :) Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:41 am

Themason

Themason
Gold member
Gold member
Rolling Eyes It's like sending a new sailor off looking around the ship for a can of prop wash.

1984 K-100RS Alaska Blue w/Parelever and 16V wheels.

1984 K-100RS Metallic Madison stock

1986 R-80G/S w/1000 cc engine

2007 Harley Davidson Street Rod Mirage Orange w/XR1200 wheels, Race Tech, True Track, Works Performance shocks

2007 Harley Davidson Street Rod Vivid Black stock

1993-ish K-100/1100RT/LT hemaphrodite frankenbike thingy to be painted satin black from a rattle can eventually

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum