BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Doh moment of the year Empty Doh moment of the year Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:19 am

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
This is embarrassing but they say confession is good for the soul, plus it gives somebody else a laugh.
I have just started my swap to radials. Some would say at last!
Tyres are worn out and seemed like the right time.
However, just removed the right hand fairing panel and noticed a shiny brass pipe. Strange, I thought as all of the 4
rubbers are there.
Then I noticed that one was on the adjusting screw of the linkage between injectors 1&2! No wonder the tickover was lumpy.
Can't even blame drink.
My sincere apologies to those Brazilian workers who make our Bosch plugs for blaming them. Embarassed

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

2Back to top Go down   Doh moment of the year Empty Re: Doh moment of the year Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:31 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
lol ...at least you found it john ....

cheers mate

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Doh moment of the year Empty Re: Doh moment of the year Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:36 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
He really had me thinking after talking about the 'right hand' fairing panel removal....... Shocked Laughing

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Doh moment of the year Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

4Back to top Go down   Doh moment of the year Empty Re: Doh moment of the year Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Well, it was the right hand panel looking at it from the front of the bike.
Think I was just that relieved that the problem had been so simple to fix and not HT leads, Hall effect sensors, etc.

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum