BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gabriel

Platinum member
Platinum member
hi everyone

i am trying to remove the gearbox. i am having a lot of difficulties removing the alternator. i know it's not necessary to remove the alternator to get to the gearbox but i prefer to remove it so i can replace the bearing and rubber dampers? the allan screws wont budge and i think i am close to stripping the head on the screw on the right hand side (crankshaft) of the bike.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

i am also having difficulties keeping the bike upright and stable.

any suggestions.

thanks you

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Give the head of the bolt a good solid whack with a punch and hammer.

Use a punch or even a piece of solid steel that is larger than the head of the bolt.

That jars a lot of the oxides waay from the thread and should let you get it out.

Use a couple of tressles and a bar under the rear of the frame.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
Pull trans first , gives you more room, try a impact driver too break it free,

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
did my monkey nuts last weekend gabriell .....

k freak is right ....a good hard whack with a drift worked for me ...had 2 tough ones top left and bottom left were really giving me the run around ....

but i bought myself a couple of 3/8 socket adaptors to 6 mm allen keys in case i hit more in the future

oops almost forgot ....i put antisieze on the bolts whebn reinstalling ...casue i know ill be back there again ......(noticed oil vapours around the drive seals)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum