BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Is there something missing here?? Empty Is there something missing here?? Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:38 am

Agerbundsen

Agerbundsen
Silver member
Silver member
The silencer inlet has a "lump", which extends under the frame to the RH side. There are lugs with bolt holes both on the "lump" and on the frame - but they are about 15 mm apart, but otherwise line up - sorta.

Should there be a connection between the two? and if so, with a rubber bumper between?

I surmize that the "lump" is an expansion chamber to suppress some pressure peaks in the exhaust??

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Part #14 in this picture.

Inge K.

Agerbundsen

Agerbundsen
Silver member
Silver member
It looks like it could be, but not quite.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/agerbundsen/6174398421/ has two pictures.

Some day I will figure out how to include the pic's in the post

4Back to top Go down   Is there something missing here?? Empty Re: Is there something missing here?? Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:23 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
i think inge is right agerbundsen ......you are looking for a rubber mounted spacer ....which looks to be a double ended bolt /

sometimes the layout of the parts catalogue is confusing

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Is there something missing here?? Empty Re: Is there something missing here?? Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:26 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
That`s the correct part, on your photos part #13 is still on the bike.

Posting pictures.

Inge K.

6Back to top Go down   Is there something missing here?? Empty Re: Is there something missing here?? Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:28 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Thanks, Charlie.

7Back to top Go down   Is there something missing here?? Empty Re: Is there something missing here?? Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:36 am

Agerbundsen

Agerbundsen
Silver member
Silver member
You guys are just the best. Thanks

I found a rubber isolator at Biltema, which will fit till I can get the real thing. It will not be instaled till tomorrow, when I will try topost a pic.

Last edited by Agerbundsen on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info:)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum