BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   need help with a few plastic bits Empty need help with a few plastic bits Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:35 am

Life time member
Life time member
Firstly this bit has been in the pannier since I got the bike and looks like it's definitely off it. Pictured here sittin on the pillion seat it's a U shaped profile about 50 or 60mm long...

need help with a few plastic bits Iphone10Pictures\Motor\iphone - Will 002.jpg

Secondly what am I missing from the oval/rounded triangular hole in the under side of the front fairing (LT) just in front of the forks. It's the same both sides.....

url=https://servimg.com/view/16818459/18]need help with a few plastic bits Iphone11[/url]

Thanks in anticipation

88KE

That's a snap on brake pad cover for the calliper. The holes are for plastic air 'guides' which go in those oddly shaped holes in the fairing which some people remove. It's number 24 in the image.
need help with a few plastic bits Airgui10

geordnz

geordnz
Silver member
Silver member
I think mine has the fiamm? horns pointing down these holes.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
same here geord

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

My Fiamm dual horns would have been sitting there as well but their metal mounting tabs must have vibrated enough to brake off over the years. What a loud knocking when they come loose! So now they're aimed down towards those holes (in the RS version) but mounted towards the rear on the inner, 'tin' plates that separate the incoming air from the fairing's outer 'trim' panels between the tank and the fairing's side panels.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum