BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Topbox lock Empty Topbox lock Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:59 pm

ushes

ushes
Hi Guys,

Does anyone in UK have a topbox lock complete with key that they'd like to sell ? Its the genuine BMW K Series type topbox. Failing that, anyone have any tumbler repair bits ?

My lock is missing some sliders in the tumbler and the whole lock comes out with the key.
Thanks

Regards

Steve

2Back to top Go down   Topbox lock Empty Re: Topbox lock Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member

3Back to top Go down   Topbox lock Empty Re: Topbox lock Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:54 pm

ushes

ushes
Thanks, but there's nothing there. I already looked before posting.

Regards

Steve

4Back to top Go down   Topbox lock Empty Re: Topbox lock Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:50 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
I have a spare lock cylinder from my BMW side cases when I rekeyed my locks some time ago. I don't know if the cylinder or the lock tumblers are the same for the top case as for the side cases. The side cases I have are third generation; that may be different also. Attached is a photo of the cylinder:
Topbox lock IMG_9785
If you're interested, I can send you the cylinder however, I'm in Canada, not England.

ushes wrote:Hi Guys,

Does anyone in UK have a topbox lock complete with key that they'd like to sell ? Its the genuine BMW K Series type topbox. Failing that, anyone have any tumbler repair bits ?

My lock is missing some sliders in the tumbler and the whole lock comes out with the key.
Thanks

Regards

Steve

5Back to top Go down   Topbox lock Empty Re: Topbox lock Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:46 am

ushes

ushes
Many thanks Robert, however the tumbler looks slightly different. Mine has a square piece on the end where your appears to be recessed. If I can sort the pics out I'll post them up. I've found some old type locks to use to try and rebuild the tumbler but problem I have now is that even with the barrel out of the topbox, its still locked and I cant open it.. any suggestions ?

Thanks

regards

Steve

6Back to top Go down   Topbox lock Empty Re: Topbox lock Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:31 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
ushes wrote:problem I have now is that even with the barrel out of the topbox, its still locked and I cant open it..
Normally you press the lock barrel into the lock housing to activate the hook inside and open the top box.
With the lock barrel removed I`ll guess you can put a screwdriver or similar to the bottom of the housing and press to open.

Inge K.

7Back to top Go down   Topbox lock Empty Re: Topbox lock Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:16 am

ushes

ushes
Well. I've managed to get into the topbox after a frustrating couple of hours. The internal catch is released by pressing on the circular chrome lock housing, not by pushing in the middle through the hole where the tumbler fits. Stripped the tumbler and kinda got it working but cant get the lock to stay fixed. I'd still prefer a nuw tumbler and key if anyone has one. As my earlier post, its similar to the one pictured but with a square section on the end.

Thanks again

Steve

8Back to top Go down   Topbox lock Empty Re: Topbox lock Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:17 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
ushes wrote:cant get the lock to stay fixed.
This tumbler keeps the lock barrel fixed in the housing.

Inge K.

Topbox lock Bilde_10

9Back to top Go down   Topbox lock Empty Re: Topbox lock Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:54 am

ushes

ushes
Yes, thats the same tumbler as mine. I'll try and fit a new spring and slider into the slot you've pointed out that keeps the tumbler in. I thought it was the end one.

Regards

Steve

10Back to top Go down   Topbox lock Empty Re: Topbox lock Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:14 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
According to Realoem new barrels still can be delivered.
The overwiew page for all locks says that this barrel can`t be delivered anymore........confusing.

Why not ask your BMW shop about the part number in the diagram?

Inge K

11Back to top Go down   Topbox lock Empty Re: Topbox lock Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:33 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Good work Inge.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

12Back to top Go down   Topbox lock Empty Lock available ! Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:45 am

ushes

ushes
Well I emailed the local BMW dealer today with the part number, he rang me back and said he can still get the lock. Around £16 and should be there tomorrow. Thanks Guys Very Happy

Regards

Steve

13Back to top Go down   Topbox lock Empty Re: Topbox lock Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:31 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
sounds a great result steve ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum