BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty new member downunder.... Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:19 pm

georgie52

georgie52
Hi Thought Id introduce myself..just purchased a 1987 k100RT,Bought it on line flew 650ks and rode her home.great ride,she went very well.
got home,had a few ales,and watched our rugby team (all blacks) slaughter the Aussies in world cup semi final,,,What more can a man ask for.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

2Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:45 pm

I dunno, but I could go for a decent serve of fush n chups about now.

new member downunder.... 652573

Welcome to the forum, mate.

3Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:01 pm

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard Georgie. Great way to start off with your new bike.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

4Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:29 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome georgie !!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:33 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Two Wheels Better wrote:I dunno, but I could go for a decent serve of fush n chups about now.

Make that for two please and welcome to the forum Georgie

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:12 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Georgie,don't forget we won the underarm cricket !

7Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:09 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Georgie.

"don't forget we won the underarm cricket !" Someone had to mention it...

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

8Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:30 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I not ice in your first post you say 650ks did you buy it from someone on Stewart Island or go the long way home. I wouldnt think you could do that distance from Auckland without getting wet.Smile

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

9Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:15 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
ha ..!!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

10Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:33 am

georgie52

georgie52
K Freak wrote:I not ice in your first post you say 650ks did you buy it from someone on Stewart Island or go the long way home. I wouldnt think you could do that distance from Auckland without getting wet.Smile

yea got a wet bum bought bike in palmerston north which is middle of north island cheers Cool

11Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:09 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nice looking pic in your profile georgie .......rt's rock ..... wet ...gee wizz all i get is a little wet under the knees for a couple of inches and boots .....and i still dont have my bottom side panels on yet ...

better post up some pics ...when you can !!!

been there ...and the "old " all black museum ....would love to visit again and see what they have done with it .......they were mooving it up to the new premises soon after i was there...

12Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:30 am

pjjms

Silver member
Silver member
Welcome. Good to see another Kiwi here. Was a good game. Looking forward to watching the final.

13Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:03 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Georgie, welcome to the forum nice looking bike mate.

BIG D

14Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Georgie, Another Rt! Seems to be a population explosion of these models lately.

15Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:10 am

studebaker8

Should have left the bike in Palme and came across the ditch this weekend as we are going to the street races at Greymouth.Good FESH and CHEEPS there. November off to the Bert Munro at Invergargill via the West Coast and back up thru Central Otago and home to Blenheim.5 days.

16Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:16 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
dang studebaker ...sounds an awesome adventure ........one day mate ....some of us aussies might be able to get over that way and join in ...if you dont mind riding with foreigners ....giggle ...

hey i dont mind riding way "outback"

Last edited by charlie99 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total

17Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:22 am

georgie52

georgie52
studebaker8 wrote:Should have left the bike in Palme and came across the ditch this weekend as we are going to the street races at Greymouth.Good FESH and CHEEPS there. November off to the Bert Munro at Invergargill via the West Coast and back up thru Central Otago and home to Blenheim.5 days.
Bugger...that would have been a great ride,I am a member of auck Ulysses club and im sure a few of them will be travelling down for the Munro ride
hope you have a great weekend cheers

18Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty New member down under Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:53 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
Well Georgie, welcome to you, there's plenty of knowledge and a fair bit of banter here. By the sound of it you'll be looking for a sheep skin seat cover (missing the mother country). I have a black custom made cover from Sheepy Hollow. It is like new and fits the standard BMW seat after '85. I'm asking $150 plus postage. I'm located in Tassie. Hope you like the site, regards, Dennis

19Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:21 am

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Georgie52. These bike's really grow on ya. I always liked the look of them (Mine an LT) but never considered it as a long term touring prostpect before owning one but now I'm wondering if I'll ever ride anything else!

Beaut looking colour - what kind of screen has it got?

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

20Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:24 am

Life time member
Life time member
Two Wheels Better wrote:I dunno, but I could go for a decent serve of fush n chups about now.

Shouldn't that be Shark'n'taties TWB?....with a glass of Mulk Razz . There was a Fush and Chup shop in Wellington called....wait for it...."Fannies fish suplies"new member downunder.... 44271 I cracked up every time I passed it. (or does that humour translate?)

88KE

21Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:51 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
lol .been there ...giggles .. where the rain falls sidesways down the streets ...literally... great stuff 88

i have this theory about nz "exinct" ..take the vowel and shift it twice

aeiou .... i becomes u ...a becomes i .......etcetera

heres something that explains it all ....i found in one of my stopovers

new member downunder.... Img_1810

all in good fun new member downunder.... 44271

22Back to top Go down   new member downunder.... Empty Re: new member downunder.... Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:02 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Georgie,
Welcome from another Aucklander great spot to reside.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum