BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Getting wet on the road Empty Getting wet on the road Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:13 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Hello all
in a fit of desperation (the weather has been horrible for riding so far this summer) I decided to take off anyway in search of blue skies.
I'd love to share some piccies but I couldn't see a thing mostly, on day one.
I decided to head west, into the middle of our state NSW, back to my old birth town of Forbes, 449 kilometers. Checked the weather radar, clearing up, so off I went.
It rained all the way, poured. The bike got saturated inside the fairing as well, I sat on about 100kph and put my head down (lucky I bought a taller screen last year). Man it was wet.
The first thing to go wrong was the gear selection light and number, it still shows me in neutral. It doesn't matter but the green light is annoying. Then the right hand indicator wouldn't work, handy when you cannot see anyone at corners, the hazard flashers worked so I guess the switch got wet.
Day 2 was a return trip via Orange, Bathurst, Oberon and Goulburn. (Sorry Col I was in a hurry), 445 klm, sunny and warm. Dried my pants out a bit but not the boots.
Anyway made it home safe, and the best thing was she didn't skip a beat through all the road water. I never felt unsafe as she was as steady as a rock (Sports Demon on front ) .
It's the best way to gain confidence, get out there and see how they handle in the wet, I am so impressed I might do it again.
(beers were real cheap at Forbes as well).
Got some electrics to dry out, with that WD40 or whatever that stuff Blakey sells.
Cheers RT

Last edited by RT on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

2Back to top Go down   Getting wet on the road Empty Re: Getting wet on the road Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:18 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Sounds like a good ride inspite of the rain.
Those gear indicator switches will dry out after a while but next time you do a spline lube take it off and clean it and seal it with sikaflex or bostic seal n flex and you won't have any more water getting in.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Getting wet on the road Empty Re: Getting wet on the road Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:55 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nice one rt ...bout time you threw a leg over mate ......id be clinking glasses with ya if i could get there ...

cheers mate and merry christmas

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   Getting wet on the road Empty Re: Getting wet on the road Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:09 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
i was driving down the road with the misses and spotted a blue k in the servo and said to her that looks like rt's bike my memory is not as bad as i thought it was

5Back to top Go down   Getting wet on the road Empty Re: Getting wet on the road Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:47 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
a "k" in town and you didnt stop col ........ omg ?......we went up to albys home town ....he knew about it from his friends leaving awesome phone messages for him .......besides the puring wisper quiet of the "k" s round town ,,,and then the "staintune" came round the corner ,,,

just another "mug lair" ... grin

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   Getting wet on the road Empty Re: Getting wet on the road Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:01 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
there is a couple of other k's in town but they have found this forum yet or been able to catch with them always busy going the other way

7Back to top Go down   Getting wet on the road Empty Re: Getting wet on the road Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:14 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
true enough col ...some folks just arent willing to explore ...or break away from their established safe zones ....were all different !!...i say thank hevens...and appreciate the work of the fellow members and bert to set this place up for all to enjoy ,,,,

cheers

8Back to top Go down   Getting wet on the road Empty Getting wet in the rain Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:36 am

Lazyboy

Lazyboy
Silver member
Silver member
Please send us some of your rain. We are having a very dry summer.santa

9Back to top Go down   Getting wet on the road Empty Re: Getting wet on the road Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:50 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
If only we could Ronnie it's been dismal here. Not as bad as some poor tropical countries mind.
I've been back 2 days and feel like going off again but the rest of my politbureau pointed out the closeness of xmas, whatever that is, so I'm home bound.
Take care everyone and relax, get those stretchy pants out and have a beer
for Crazy Frog for being such a good guy (yes I am a crawler)
Cheers RT.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum