BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty SOUTH of france newbie !! Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:20 am

ASTF11

hi everyone and glad to find an english speaking forum about these wonderful machines !!!

i already had a k75 some years ago and last winter i found a cheap 146 000km on the clock r1100gs which im reselling just now as not being able to maintain it myself and also the bike is too 'physical' for my age (!)

so i bought 2k100 to rebuild me one at my taste!!
a 87k100rs with 87 000km
a 84k100rt with 153 000km both for 1300 euros
that will leave me some dow to be able to ride :the main purpose of all this !!!

i wonder around on this forum to learn as much as possible to do this before spring in fact as soon as possible !!!

2Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:29 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome astf11 ....hope you have fun on those machines of yours ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:29 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum I'm sure you will find all the info that you require to build a good brick

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:36 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi and welcome to the forum ASTF11 plenty of info here to help you learn more.

BIG D

5Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:49 am

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard ASTF11. You will have experience in all riding styles now.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

6Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome ASTF11, sounds like you'll have plenty of options from the two base machines you have and a great place to be riding too!
88KE

7Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:04 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi ASTF11,
Welcome to the forum.
Regards,
K-BIKE

8Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum. Those machines will keep you busy for a long time.

9Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:33 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome astf11. Ah the South of France. When you are comfortable you must post some pictures of your progress, and your beautiful scenery.
Have fun
Regards RT

10Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
ASTF11,

You have to be fast if you want to have these bikes ready for the spring.
Today I called family in the south of France and the temperature registered 15 degrees in Bedarieux. You cannot call that winter.
France has a very nice general BMW forum (BMist) with many experts and few of them are register here too.

Enjoy the forum

Crazy Frog (k100beemer on the BMist)

11Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:43 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum from across the channel ASTF11 Wink

12Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:00 pm

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
Welcome ASTF11 enjoy the forum not to sure if you found the right place for a " English " speaking forum Smile but I think you'll pick up "Strine " pretty quick if not we can translate from Australian to English

13Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:32 pm

CommanderKewl

CommanderKewl
Silver member
Silver member
Toto_jp wrote:Welcome ASTF11 enjoy the forum not to sure if you found the right place for a " English " speaking forum Smile but I think you'll pick up "Strine " pretty quick if not we can translate from Australian to English

Aussie to English translation? Is that even possible..?

Ibet if we went English to American ( where we know how to butcher a thing or two Very Happy ) to Canadian to Aussie THEN we would have true definition.. Not sure what but Crikey!

Lol welcome to the board!
Mikey

14Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:28 pm

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Not sure Google translate could handle that Kewl.

Welcome to the forum ASTF, we all speak K100 so it covers everyone.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

SOUTH of france newbie !! 170874

15Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:14 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Will be in your neck of the woods in April this year. Canal boat trip on the Canal du Midi, starting at Negra (I think!) and going through Carcassonne and finishing somewhere downstream after 60-odd locks and many bottles of your red wine.

Welcome to THE Forum!

Rickmeister.

16Back to top Go down   SOUTH of france newbie !! Empty Re: SOUTH of france newbie !! Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:44 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
And Citanes Rickmeister, mmmm.
RT

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum