BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuel Tank non-return valve Empty Fuel Tank non-return valve Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:15 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
My bike has developed a new intermittent noise which is possibly a noisy fuel tank non-return valve.

All the posts I have read regarding this suggest removing the valve or the spring to remove the noise.

For me that defeats the purpose of having it as tank removal would become more difficult.

Has anyone had success in replacing the valve with a new one or installing quick disconnects in the fuel line.

My other option is an inline fuel tap or perhaps turning up the volume on the radio or a louder exhaust Very Happy

Regards,

Phil

2Back to top Go down   Fuel Tank non-return valve Empty Re: Fuel Tank non-return valve Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:06 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Phil,

I had the same problem and I solved it by replacing the return valve with an in line fuel tap.
I found a cheap one built for snow blowers but you don't have any chances to find one in your area of the world where it's always nice and sunny.
The only thing that you must know about snow blowers is certainly from the pictures that you have seen on the Internet! Very Happy
I have try to remove the spring in the original return valve thinking that the little fuel pressure will keep the ball off the seat of the valve. It was still bouncing and being very noisy (at around 3000 rpm if I recall).
I finally took it off and installed the tap.

Cheers

Bert

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum