BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   voltage gauge Empty voltage gauge Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:12 pm

jonnyqq

jonnyqq
Silver member
Silver member
I decided to replace the malfunctioning fuel gauge on Mr K (1987 LT) with a voltage gauge ; who needs a fuel gauge when not only is there a red then yellow warning fuel light but also option of 0000 the trip when you fill up.

I spent a considerable length of time on-line sourcing a reasonably priced product. I got this one... it fits perfectly.

http://rspec.co.uk/performance-gauges/black-face-waterproof-series/52mm-clear-black-voltage-gauge

I used thicker wiring than the usual minute original BMW wiring and did not add a light to the gauge as I dont ride at night much. I wired it directly to the battery so it is always showing the voltage output, which I hope will not run down the battery unless not used for ages and ages.

It works fine . Good tidings to know alternator is working well (just over 13.5v) and battery is ready ( just over 12.5v ) for starting.

John QT

2Back to top Go down   voltage gauge Empty Re: voltage gauge Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
You are best to use a power source that is off when not in use. One wire you can tap into is the green and black wire that feeds the power to the clutch override switch on the left handlebar, you will need to remove the tank.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum