BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   redex worth a go? Empty redex worth a go? Tue 20 Mar 2012, 18:09

artie86

HI all,newbie fresh in with my 86 k100 rt,ex police with about 76000 on
the clock yeh right?),anyways it's been off the road a while so was
wondering if its worth sticking some redex thru' with the fuel to help
clean the injectors?,bike fired up ok with some fresh fuel in.Thanks
and look forward to hearing from you.artie Very Happy

2Back to top Go down   redex worth a go? Empty Re: redex worth a go? Tue 20 Mar 2012, 18:49

Cleverbee

Cleverbee
It didn't harm mine when used it Surprised

3Back to top Go down   redex worth a go? Empty Re: redex worth a go? Tue 20 Mar 2012, 19:31

Life time member
Life time member
Haven't used redex but an injector cleaner did a lot for mine when I got it with 74k on the clock.
88KE

4Back to top Go down   redex worth a go? Empty Re: redex worth a go? Wed 21 Mar 2012, 06:59

Lazyboy

Lazyboy
Silver member
Silver member
Injector Cleaner works well. I have used it used it every 20,000km and found that it also helps to keep the tank clean. If tank and fuel lines are dirty keep a fuel filter filter handy it could become blocked.

Bikes Name: Lazyboy

5Back to top Go down   redex worth a go? Empty Re: redex worth a go? Wed 21 Mar 2012, 15:15

artie86

Thanks guys,will give the injector cleaner a go,anyone recommend a specific brand over the redex? Very Happy

6Back to top Go down   redex worth a go? Empty injector cleaner Mon 26 Mar 2012, 19:22

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
If Chevron Tectron is available locally, I recommend you try it. I've used it for many years and find it to be effective. Follow the directions on the container and resist any temptation to use it in stronger than recommended ratios, as it can damage fuel lines.

7Back to top Go down   redex worth a go? Empty Re: redex worth a go? Tue 27 Mar 2012, 21:41

artie86

Thanks brickrider,will see if that's available over here,cheers,Artie, cheers

8Back to top Go down   redex worth a go? Empty Re: redex worth a go? Wed 20 Jun 2012, 14:09

mr grumpy

mr grumpy
Silver member
Silver member
As an alternative to proprietory additives, are the "premium" fuels like BP Ultimate worth using, not necessarily all the time but 2 - 3 tankfuls to clean everything out? I have heard horror stories about all the accumulated cak being dislodged and clogging the little filters in the injectors, noisy fuel pumps and even pump failure. I ran about 3 tankfuls through my K75 when I first got it; there were no adverse effects, but I noted no improvement either though it was not broke to start with. What are members' opinions?

9Back to top Go down   redex worth a go? Empty Re: redex worth a go? Wed 20 Jun 2012, 22:07

cruise_carter

cruise_carter

2002 HD Electra Glide Classic (gone)
1987 K100RS (gone)
2002 HD Road Glide (gone)
2000 R1100R (gone)
lots more in the past........

10Back to top Go down   redex worth a go? Empty Re: redex worth a go? Thu 21 Jun 2012, 08:52

BEEJAY

BEEJAY
artie86 wrote:Thanks guys,will give the injector cleaner a go,anyone recommend a specific brand over the redex? Very Happy

Redex injector cleaner works fine, alternatively in the UK, you can get Wynns Injector cleaner. Available from any Car Spares shop, Halfords or Wilkinsons.

I tend to use it once a year on both my bikes and the Diesel version for my car.

11Back to top Go down   redex worth a go? Empty Re: redex worth a go? Thu 21 Jun 2012, 16:10

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
I used to put bp Ultimate in my Bora TDi and the car preferred it to the run of the mill supermarket fuel... it takes between 3 and 5 tanks to get the improvement mind, i believe it's down to the cleaning chemicals need that time to work there magic. In my opinion my car didn't like the Shell premium diesel and there was a slight reduction in mpg.... I also know that my car doesnt like any petrol redex worth a go? 61740 redex worth a go? 61740

I have used both redex and wynns.... tend to put one into the tank whenever i service it thats bikes and cars.... not sure if it does a lot but I get a warm fuzzy feeling that i am giving my fuel system a present!

redex worth a go? 169042redex worth a go? 169034

12Back to top Go down   redex worth a go? Empty Re: redex worth a go? Thu 21 Jun 2012, 19:29

electric_monk

electric_monk
Silver member
Silver member
[quote="twincarb"].... I also know that my car doesnt like any petrol redex worth a go? 61740 redex worth a go? 61740

quote]

I know that to AND that my old 8v didn't much like diesel affraid

13Back to top Go down   redex worth a go? Empty Re: redex worth a go? Thu 21 Jun 2012, 20:33

mr grumpy

mr grumpy
Silver member
Silver member
twincarb wrote: I also know that my car doesnt like any petrol redex worth a go? 61740 redex worth a go? 61740

You're not a policeman are you? Every year here in Warwickshire the guardians of law and order cost us taxpayers several thousand of your Eengleesh pounds by putting the wrong stuff in their cars.

14Back to top Go down   redex worth a go? Empty Re: redex worth a go? Thu 21 Jun 2012, 22:48

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
mr grumpy wrote:You're not a policeman are you?

LOL not likely that they would take me on.... Nope mine was a mistake after a long day and not paying attention... The day was only made longer waiting for £60 of petrol to be removed and then having to put £70 of Diesel back in....

Our company cars are nice and simple you put the key in the machine tell it what pump you want to use and it will authorise it as long as you selected one you allowed to use.... choice being petrol, diesel, red diesel....

redex worth a go? 169042redex worth a go? 169034

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum