BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jimz49

Okay, today I decided I would install a new set of progressive springs in my K100RS. All was going just fine until I started to put things back together. While gathering the parts I noticed I was missing one of the wire snap rings that holds the top cap in place. I looked everywhere without any success. Finally gave up and decided it's a good time to renew both rings. Unfortunately the snap ring is no longer available. Now that's a problem. So here's my question: has anyone found a suitable substitute? and what was it used for before it became a BMW part?

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Jim if you can find someplace that makes springs from wire they would sell you a bit of spring wire of the right diametre and by finding something a bit smaller in dia that is solid you could bend the wire around it and cut it to length. It is really quite easy I have done similar things many times. Bit of experiment but it works.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum