BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   IGNITION LEADS Empty IGNITION LEADS Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:18 am

RSMITH

RSMITH
Silver member
Silver member
Hi All,

is it possible to seperate the HT Leads from the suppressors and replace the wire part?

i have one that is burnt through and happen to have a roll of brand new HT Lead wire.

thanks

2Back to top Go down   IGNITION LEADS Empty Re: IGNITION LEADS Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:30 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
All I ever do to fix them is buy the blue silicone leads fron an auto store and put resistive plugs in.
You can buy a new lead just about anywhere then if you need one.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   IGNITION LEADS Empty Re: IGNITION LEADS Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:39 am

RSMITH

RSMITH
Silver member
Silver member
so they can come apart without too much fuss? so it means I can re-use the suppressor and coil cap, and i then will be able to change the wire part only?

4Back to top Go down   IGNITION LEADS Empty Re: IGNITION LEADS Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:53 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
RSMITH wrote:so they can come apart without too much fuss? so it means I can re-use the suppressor and coil cap, and i then will be able to change the wire part only?
I was a bit ambiguous there. I use the blue silicon leads to replace the whole lot caps wire the lot. as the leads are not then resistive (5000 ohms) I use a resistive plug like NGK DR7EA instead of the standard NGK D7EA

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   IGNITION LEADS Empty Re: IGNITION LEADS Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:03 am

RSMITH

RSMITH
Silver member
Silver member
ok - damm I was hoping that i could get away with just being able to change the wire itself.

thanks

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum