BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:06 am

GARYSTIGER955i

GARYSTIGER955i
Good Morning... My Name is Gary my Location is Sheffield.. Now Im not new to forums but Im new to this one, the reason is ive just purchased a late 89 K100 RT, but has had some LT mods ie top fairing with fresh air vents, this bike has full krauser luggage with givi monokey top box, and everything seems to be working (ive been reading some of the threads to confirm). The bike in question has a lot of history to confirm mileage, and I believe spent its first 3 years in the gwent police service.. I Paid £5700 for it yesterday (april fools but not in my case), and have lots of spares with it, clymer and haynes plus original owners manual. I have owned a 86 K100 rs before and this bike had a strangle handling feel compaired to Jap bikes, but I put this down to the width of the handle bars, and I paid £5500 back in 2001 from a Shop. So I think Ive got a bargain for what I paid.. The engine is sweet, theres no nasty knocks or noises, it changes gear and selects nuetral nicely, and the clutch lever feels very light, I do intend to keep this bike for work and for pleasure, pretty much the same as my Triumph Tiger..

for insurance purposes

Last edited by GARYSTIGER955i on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.gas-motorcycle-couriers.co.uk

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:13 am

captaink

captaink
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard Gary, plenty of stuff here as you've already found out with a wealth of knowledge from all over the world Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire 177912

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:20 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard gary ....good riding to you !!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:50 am

Life time member
Life time member
posting pictures and moviesWelcome aboard Gary, some nice roads up around the dales. I've driven them on 4 wheels but I bet they're great on 2!

You can't post piccies for 7 days as a newbie but as soon as you can stick up a few of the bike for us to ogle! Here's how....posting pictures and movies.

Plenty of good technical help and banter on here. Enjoy the forum.

88KE

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum. Many people with a common cause..to keep the Ks on the road.

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:19 pm

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard Gary. Sounds like a bargain.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

7Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:12 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum Gary Wink

8Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:50 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Gary, tell me does your bike have a silver plated exhaust. That would look cool.
RT

9Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:32 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Great to have you with us and well done for picking up a bike that has lots of goodies already.
Regards,
K-BIKE

10Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty cheers Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:45 am

GARYSTIGER955i

GARYSTIGER955i
RT.... G-Day No mate its not silver and it isnt a standard exhaust, I will get some piccs of her when I can be bothered to get it out of the van, which will be very soon...
Yes the roads around the dales are good.. especially the smaller B roads, I was on the woodhead pass yesterday 04/4/12 on the TIGER very white but the road was clear. Sheffield-Manchester. Im thinking of painting the K either Roulette green same as my 01 tiger or a purple metallic similiar to Mardi Gras purple... Avon nail varnish has a colour called arabian glow...
So ive just added the bike to my Insurance (36 quid) and will tax it and hopefully ride it to get a feel for it before I go to portugal on it..

11Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:08 pm

Life time member
Life time member
GARYSTIGER955i wrote:So ive just added the bike to my Insurance (36 quid) .

36 quid!!!!Surprised Is your other name Turpin and do you wear a mask???

Or is that on the basis that you've only one backside so you can only ride one bike at a time ? Sounds like great value to me.

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

12Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:19 pm

GARYSTIGER955i

GARYSTIGER955i
88KE wrote:
GARYSTIGER955i wrote:So ive just added the bike to my Insurance (36 quid) .

36 quid!!!!Surprised Is your other name Turpin and do you wear a mask???

Or is that on the basis that you've only one backside so you can only ride one bike at a time ? Sounds like great value to me.

88KE

Yep 36 quid to add to my carol nash insurance which runs out end of June.. Not bad, I paid total 190 for tiger955i/xl185s/gs850 and beemer all 4 bike on a modern policy..

13Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:55 pm

BIKER92

Welcome from another newbie to this forum I am based in Liverpool and am just starting to put my 1989 100 rs back on the road after a 4 year sleep in my garage. was running last time I tried her but now wont start will have to do some investigations ASAP it only costs me an extra £30.0 to add it to my comp policy with footman james with full breakdown cover.

14Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty My Bike Piccys Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:47 am

GARYSTIGER955i

GARYSTIGER955i
Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Go_gre11

The beemer may well be the colour of my Triumph or the other colour I like is deep purple metallic

Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Imag0319

Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Imag0320

Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Imag0321

Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Imag0322

Last edited by GARYSTIGER955i on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

15Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:00 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
some good pics gary ....still didnt get a good look at the exhaust though ...

cheers...she looks a beauty ..!

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

16Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:52 am

GARYSTIGER955i

GARYSTIGER955i
BIKER92 wrote:Welcome from another newbie to this forum I am based in Liverpool and am just starting to put my 1989 100 rs back on the road after a 4 year sleep in my garage. was running last time I tried her but now wont start will have to do some investigations ASAP it only costs me an extra £30.0 to add it to my comp policy with footman james with full breakdown cover.

ive full european and Uk breakdown cover with my Insurance, Im glad its in place judging by the BMW's behaviour, I was thinking of using her for portugal in July, but, im not confident that she will behave, so I do know my Triumph is Ultra reliable and shes already been their, plus ive touratech panniers which can handle 15kg each+ so Triumph may go instead.

17Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:04 am

GARYSTIGER955i

GARYSTIGER955i
charlie99 wrote:some good pics gary ....still didnt get a good look at the exhaust though ...

cheers...she looks a beauty ..!

Charlie99... You havent by any chance got a fetish for exhausts have you? Laughing

18Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:00 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
lol ....

hey i gotta staintune ....awesome sounding exhaust for the k ...

i thought you mentioned a good pipe ....but im still looking for it

happy riding to you

(ps ...do the bike up to spec and it will eat the trumpy in longetivity and reliability ...and not too bad a ride by the way )

19Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:34 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Ah Ha we have several times now caught Charlie stroking his Um exhaust that is and he always says how smooth and shiny it is. bounce

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

20Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Welcome Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:03 pm

vicmac

Good greetings!! Here you find answers for everything on the K100. Keep on riding Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire 2410925020

21Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
vicmac wrote:Good greetings!! Here you find answers for everything on the K100
..... and a bunch of people with a twisted sense of humor.

Welcome to the forum.

22Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:37 am

Life time member
Life time member
Nice looking roads in Portugal Gary, How did you get there? Ferry from Portsmounth to Bilbao or Santander? My brother-in-law has a place North of Lisbon and I've often considered going via the UK then ferry to Northern Spain for a holiday. I'd do it on the bike as the family wouldn't contemlate it in the car.

There's also some transport comanies here who bring bikes to Southern Spain and are reputed to be very careful and good value. I'm interested to know how you've done it.

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

23Back to top Go down   Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire Mon May 21, 2012 1:24 pm

GARYSTIGER955i

GARYSTIGER955i
88KE wrote:Nice looking roads in Portugal Gary, How did you get there? Ferry from Portsmounth to Bilbao or Santander? My brother-in-law has a place North of Lisbon and I've often considered going via the UK then ferry to Northern Spain for a holiday. I'd do it on the bike as the family wouldn't contemlate it in the car.

There's also some transport comanies here who bring bikes to Southern Spain and are reputed to be very careful and good value. I'm interested to know how you've done it.

88KE

I have done various routes.. but the you tube video was taken 2010 and our route was portsmouth to bilboa, this year 2012 Im going to plymouth - santander then stop at camping regio in salamanca, then off to camp 301 via the scenic route of Parque Natural de Monfrague Ex-208 Torrejón El Rubio, Extremadura some big eagles there, I have in the past done portsmouth to cherbourg and rode down to south portugal via france and spain.. the you tube video was taken on the N2 road heading north... Its worth going just for the roads alone, the sun is a bonus.. Very Happy I personally would rather to eurotunnel as its cheap for bikes and a nice ride through france down to spain then cut across to portugal, their some great campsites if you dont want to do the distance, the costs for the ferry are between 300-700 ish depending which port and what ferry company and time of booking, I was thinking of using the Tiger, but now im confident that the beemer will be trouble free, as ive been through her with a fine toothcombe, and ive been to london twice and cambridge recently without any issues.. I have had the alternator overhauled as i was loosing 1volt, now shes pumping out 14.5volts on tickover, ive tuned her up as she was smelling of unburnt petrol on overrun, so Ive got the emmissions down to 1.7 from 3.6%, and ive balanced the injectors via the butterflies but managed to set the screws 1.5 turns, boy were they out... now she runs smooth, I did service her and changed all the oils, and added Active8 friction reducer (I swear by this stuff).. so now shes ready to go, the only issue i have which ive never got round to was the abs brains, but i can live with that.. But do recommend spain for the roads and scenery..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum