BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Empty Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:56 pm

Dazco

Dazco
hiya, bought myself a '92 K100 rs 16v last weekend. still getting the feal of it. just a little different to my old XR 600.
before i do any work on it(ive called it Herman) i want to spend a couple of weeks riding and getting used to how it handles and pulls.
He feals a bit lumpy at around 3K rpm and up to around 4k. feals like hes holding back a bit.
So far has started on the button every time and ticks over well.
Anyhow , i dare say ill be posting more so for now tata .Daz

2Back to top Go down   Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Empty Re: Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Alheng

Alheng
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome to the zoo Dazco!

Post some pics.

3Back to top Go down   Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Empty Re: Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Dazco

Dazco
Will do mate once I get round to taking some, just started a new job in steel city so it's all a bit hectic.

4Back to top Go down   Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Empty Re: Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:41 am

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the Knuthaus Dezco .....you too Herman! Good choice to get the feel of it first Dazco. By the time you've done a thousand miles you wont want to be parted. Plenty of help here with the oily and electrickery bits when you get into them.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

5Back to top Go down   Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Empty Re: Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 am

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum Dazco Wink

6Back to top Go down   Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Empty Re: Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Dazco

Dazco
Cheers lads, first thing is gonna be an oil , filter change, rear diff oil change, service kit from moto works, had plenty of stuff off them when I had my f650 and 1100 GS. See how it runs once all that's done , then valve clearances, I take it they are the shimmed type.
I think the head bearing will need looking at as I'm getting a flutter on the bars at around 40- 50 mph, only noticeable when I lift pressure off the bars(read a bit about that on here).
Then he will probably be ready for new tires , in fact it would be worth replacing the tires before I look at the head bearings.
The list will be endless I think.

7Back to top Go down   Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Empty Re: Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:13 am

mike d

Life time member
Life time member
Hi and welcome from another Brit.

If you are going to change the rear drive oil, you may as well dive in there and lube the shaft splines.

Mike

8Back to top Go down   Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Empty Re: Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:06 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi dazco welcome to the Knuthaus. If you go to the portal page there is a thread titled "so you just bought a K100 what now" have a read it gives you a good idea of things to check before you start using it and you need to work on the presumpion that the previous owner did no maintenance and that way you will know what has been done and have a starting point for regular servicing. And you will get to know your bike very well.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

9Back to top Go down   Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Empty Re: Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Dazco

Dazco
thanks for that ill go and have a look now.
didnt get anything done yesterday , had 2 young scrotes breakinto my garage lastnight so im in the proces of beefing security.
Im pretty sure they were after my Xr , which i sold last week and they didnt take anything else so bet they got a shock when they saw the big old K100 sat there.
Daz

10Back to top Go down   Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Empty Re: Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:23 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Heard of a good security thing today. You get mesh and attach power wire to it and put it over the windows then put some power points on the wall without connecting them to anything at all and plug the mesh into them, apparently nobody is game to try it out and they go somewhere else and there is no danger of finding a frizzled idiot there in the morning.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

11Back to top Go down   Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Empty Re: Howdo , from sheffield ,uk Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:25 pm

Dazco

Dazco
id rather connect it all. then there might be one less shite to worry about:twisted:Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum