BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Loctite type Empty Loctite type Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:17 am

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
What type of loctite do I use to stop the final drive outer racer from spinning in the case please?

2Back to top Go down   Loctite type Empty Re: Loctite type Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:35 am

pjjms

Silver member
Silver member
638 retaining compound should be ok, but please take advice from your stockest. Selection is dependant on how loose the bearing is, temperature and load. They should have a quick refrence leaflet for selecting the correct product.

Key thing is to get things clean and dry. You will need to clean both surfaces with a solvent like brakekleen or the retaining compount will not work.

3Back to top Go down   Loctite type Empty Re: Loctite type Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:07 am

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks pjjms

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
Some of the Loctite numbers I see quoted here at times seem to (maybe) differ slightly from those in Oz. You need to use a retaining compound and prep the surfaces using a Loctite Primer product. Be mindful that the bearing has quite some surface area so the Loctite will have no problem preventing the raceway "creep". I suggest you select a low strength grade. Heat will be required on the FD housing if/when you finally need to removed the bearing. Hope this helps, Dennis.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum