BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Ruptured Budgie 2012 Empty Ruptured Budgie 2012 Mon May 21, 2012 8:52 am

Jhepburn

Jhepburn
Silver member
Silver member
In case anyone's interested, I've put a gallery of photos up from this year's Ruptured Budgie rally, hosted by the Moto Guzzi Club of Queensland.

The only Ks in it are ours (well, apart from the 1600), but there are plenty of very nice or well-used airheads and the odd oilhead!

https://picasaweb.google.com/114943982869855054177/RupturedBudgie2012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCP6d7MzmhM-aRA&feat=directlink

(Now let's hope Google lets the link work ... )

Cheers,
Jonathan

2Back to top Go down   Ruptured Budgie 2012 Empty Re: Ruptured Budgie 2012 Mon May 21, 2012 9:02 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
On my way South early Friday morning just outside of Warwick I was overtaken by and overtook several Moto Guzzis. One mad mob of four bikes were jackrabbiting to my tortoise. I reckon we passed one another four times. They seemed to stop at everything and I'd roll on by. Then they'd overtake me again at high speed. I'd been invited by an Airhead riding mate to the rally but already knew I was going down to Victoria for a few weeks. The weather would've been beaut! It's bloody cold down here in Victoria! Last night it was just under freezing, literally. I was forced to stop this arvo at an Aussie Disposals and buy two additional thin thermal layers, now I'm almost close to riding tropical again!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

3Back to top Go down   Ruptured Budgie 2012 Empty Re: Ruptured Budgie 2012 Mon May 21, 2012 9:11 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
That Rally is only just over my back fence well almost (80km) and I have never made it, there always seems to be something else to get in the way.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   Ruptured Budgie 2012 Empty Re: Ruptured Budgie 2012 Mon May 21, 2012 9:12 am

Jhepburn

Jhepburn
Silver member
Silver member
Guest in the House wrote:The weather would've been beaut! It's bloody cold down here in Victoria! Last night it was just under freezing, literally. I was forced to stop this arvo at an Aussie Disposals and buy two additional thin thermal layers, now I'm almost close to riding tropical again!

Ha! It was one of the more pleasant Budgies! We've been going since, I think 2006 (can't check right now): On the first one, we were told by someone we bumped into north of Stanthorpe to not go because it was so wet and muddy (wasn't too bad, actually). We have gone to bed wearing every item of clothing we had, including boots, and not woken up too hot at any point (minus 5 sleeping bags), and last year we woke up with a thick layer of frost on everything.

This year was positively balmy by comparison!

5Back to top Go down   Ruptured Budgie 2012 Empty Re: Ruptured Budgie 2012 Tue May 22, 2012 5:10 am

Riding north to Brisbane on the Friday I passed a lot of bikes going there, including those 2 silver RS models. That was on the Cunningham hwy. On the Saturday I got talking to a guy on a GTR1000 at Warwick who was also on his way there. We had a good chat while I fixed my throttle.....

6Back to top Go down   Ruptured Budgie 2012 Empty Re: Ruptured Budgie 2012 Tue May 22, 2012 6:33 am

Jhepburn

Jhepburn
Silver member
Silver member
Passed you, eh, Saxon? Hope we spotted you and nodded!

It always interests me, riding to rallies, to see how many bikers aren't. We see so many laden bikes going in the same direction that a laden bike going in the other direction is a bit of a novelty.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum