BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   muffler heat sheild Empty muffler heat sheild Wed May 06, 2009 5:47 am

hightal

ok so my heat sheild needs a little attention is there any one way to take tis peice off. also what would a good high temp paint i could use to redo this.

thanks for you help

hightal(tim)

2Back to top Go down   muffler heat sheild Empty Re: muffler heat sheild Wed May 06, 2009 6:38 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Tim,

It should "just" unscrew which is how mine came off unless the captive nuts underneath are loose which will then pose a bigger but not unsurmountable problem.

There was a repair kit for the mounting bolts but whether it is still available I am not sure.

I left mine off because it rattled and was not in the best condition but I suspect any high temp engine paint should do the job for you.

Regards,

Phil

3Back to top Go down   muffler heat sheild Empty Re: muffler heat sheild Wed May 06, 2009 12:44 pm

Bruce

Bruce
Silver member
Silver member
yeah, I cleaned mine up with a wire wheel, used high heat manifold paint in a spray can, just watch the finish, could be high gloss instead of a matte. now I just need to find the repair kit for the mounts on the muffler! cheers B

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum