BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

madmart

madmart
Can someone tell me how to remove the rubber cover on the handlebars so I can access the top of the fork tubes? I can't see any bolts anywhere.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Under the pad at the reat there are two small bolts that go into the top tripple clamp, they will be either 10mm hex head or 5mm socket head.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   How do you access the handlebar bolts k100rs Empty Still cant find them Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:04 pm

madmart

madmart
I have had a good look and can't see or feel any bolts. I just want to be able to top up the fork legs. Do you have to take off the brake and clutch lever, or can it be done any other way?

Thanks

Martin

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Have a look under the lower side of the pad (the upper side is near the instruments, the lower side is near the fuel tank). You have to bend the pad up a bit to see the bolts.

There are 2 bolts as described by Rick G.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

5Back to top Go down   How do you access the handlebar bolts k100rs Empty Thanks Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:02 pm

madmart

madmart
Found them. I was looking for bolts that went vertically into the rubber.

Thanks for all your help

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum