BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

roys

Silver member
Silver member
hi,

I have new disks and pads on front, done about 1000km with them and they squeal and scream, especialy in low speed breaks (or perhaps that is the only time I hear them).

I read about this "specia"l grease for pads back side but is it realy necessary to be special? will a good quality heavy greeze do the job? a touch of black silicon adhesive? Naturaly i am more concerned that break action will be compromised.

thank you
Roy

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Roy,
There are several proprietary brake pad greases on the market such as Mercedes Bremsenpaste or Permatex Ultra Disc Brake Calliper Lube. The crunch is they do not melt at high temperature and the risk is good quality heavy grease may well melt and brakes plus grease on the friction material definitely don't mix. So my advice would be use the correct stuff and don't take a risk and use something else.
Regards,
K-BIKE

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Roy,

I remember reading something about a special shim that is supposed to be behind the pads to reduce (eliminate?) the noise so that may require some further investigation or comment from our learned friends.

Regards,

Phil

roys

Silver member
Silver member
hi,

Thank you both - will do.

Roy

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Found a quote from:http://www.gunsmoke.com/motorcycling/k75s/k75s_aftermarket.html that might be of use:

BMW brake pad shims (BMW car part No. 34 21 116 006) installed between the pads and caliper pistons silence the last little squeaks of the already quiet Ferodo brake pads. The shims are available at any BMW car dealer.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum