BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New member from US New Hampshire Empty New member from US New Hampshire Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:01 pm

pathfinderK100RS

pathfinderK100RS
Found this forum trying to figure out a cure for a problem with my Pearl White and Blue 89 K100RS, that has just turned 58,000 miles. I have already found some great information coming my way from all over the world, and am amazed at how quickly people are to share knowledge and experience with their rides. I am from the top of New Hampshire in a little town called Pittsburg that is on the Quebec border, covers 360 square miles and boasts permanent population of 850 people. I am 65 years old and love getting out on the road when I can, and also am heavily involved with restoring, racing and dealing with vintage snowmobiles. New member from US New Hampshire 815479305

I bought my Beamer about 4 years ago and it has been flawless until now developing loss of power which I have isolated to a coil cutting out when warm. Had a hunch this was the problem and everything I read here has confirmed that. thanks to all who have responded, you are a great bunch of guys, even if you are all obsessed with your bikes! New member from US New Hampshire 1106080553

Looking forward to learning more from the best source out there............
New member from US New Hampshire 89BMWR100White
pathfinderK100RS

2Back to top Go down   New member from US New Hampshire Empty Re: New member from US New Hampshire Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:32 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard pathfinder ...

yes i guess many of us ar addicted to our old bikes ...but love every minute of it

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   New member from US New Hampshire Empty Re: New member from US New Hampshire Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:46 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Nice lookin ride Pathfinfer....Guess it's tucked away for the winters up there! Good to have you along Enjoy the forum.

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

4Back to top Go down   New member from US New Hampshire Empty New member from US New Hampshire Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:58 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Pathfinder, from a windy cold South East Australia, just perfect riding weather.
I like the colour scheme of your bike, let's get that camera in action an see the country side before winter growls at you.
RT

5Back to top Go down   New member from US New Hampshire Empty Re: New member from US New Hampshire Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:30 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings Pathfinder welcome to the forum.
I am not obsessed with my bike, well maybe just a little bit.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   New member from US New Hampshire Empty Re: New member from US New Hampshire Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:54 pm

pathfinderK100RS

pathfinderK100RS
Rick G wrote:Greetings Pathfinder welcome to the forum.
I am not obsessed with my bike, well maybe just a little bit.

I used the word obsession with every positive sense of the word! I think forums like this allow us all to justify eash others insanity, and feel comfortable with it! LOL! New member from US New Hampshire 2854237993

I must say it's a real hoot getting greetings from exotic parts of the world I have never been to. I guess the international popularity of the Beamer brings lots of people together.

Here's a couple of pics of my winter obsession, on #6 affraid
New member from US New Hampshire 020511138
New member from US New Hampshire 020511326
pathfinderK100RS

7Back to top Go down   New member from US New Hampshire Empty Re: New member from US New Hampshire Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Never had anything to do with snowmobiles mainly because there is not very much snow where I live. They look as good as riding bikes and not too much road rash in the event of having the shiny side down.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

8Back to top Go down   New member from US New Hampshire Empty Re: New member from US New Hampshire Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:21 am

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome pathfinder Smile

Obsessed... hmmm... I have 3, well 2 as I am not allowed to mention my vintage Goldwing Smile We are friendly bunch even if we are arguing about nonsense like sport. A word of warning; never mention Rugby Union ... Crazy Frog nearly band me for suggesting that northern hemisphere can't play the game Smile

BTW the bike looks great. It is almost like the one I have. Here she is :

New member from US New Hampshire DSC03870s

05/1986 (K55) K100RS Motorsport (Europe), Production Code: 0503, 110k km, VIN:0140519 (SOLD)
1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (naked)
1997 BMW K1200RS red, VIN: WB10544A1VZA22667

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum