BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Poor running of my K100 Empty Poor running of my K100 Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:54 pm

bionic

bionic
Hi. I have recently bought a 1984 K100 RS. It ran perfectly on the test run but last night when I went for a ride it started to run really rough. It coughs and jerks. It gradually got worse. Today it barely runs. Just wondered if any of the members might have an idea what is wrong. I checked the plugs, they were very sooty but are all sparking ok. The previous owner had just completed a 300 mile trip with no problems.

2Back to top Go down   Poor running of my K100 Empty Re: Poor running of my K100 Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:12 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hi bionic ,

sounds like you have a fuel delivery issue

there are lots of posts about old rubber , fuel pumps their connectors and fuel in the forum

lots of luck

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Poor running of my K100 Empty Re: Poor running of my K100 Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:50 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Sounds like a fuel pump not delivering or a filter blocked. Try a filter first but don't go buying a new OEM pump but ask here first about pumps.
If you go to the portal you will find a thread marked "You have just bought a K100 So what now"
It will give you a good overview of things that need to be done to get it up to scratch.
If you go to the introduction thread and say hi to the gang it also gives you access to heaps more info in the downloads section.
And don't believe anything a previous owner tells you.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   Poor running of my K100 Empty Regulation of the air / fuel Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:17 pm

joao.c130

joao.c130
The fuel air mixture, is regulated by the amount of air entering, but more important: The time the injector is open in milliseconds, if the fuel pressure at the entrance of the injectors is correct. So check if the fuel pressure regulator is working well ... recall that this depression is controlled by the air manifold admição, the tube may have air leakage, or the regulator to malfunction. I remember that he has to maintain 36PSI.

5Back to top Go down   Poor running of my K100 Empty Re: Poor running of my K100 Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Also check the temp. sensor resistance at the connector to the FI ECU (pin 10).

Compare with the diagram at the troubleshooting guide, which you find in the portal.

6Back to top Go down   Poor running of my K100 Empty Re: Poor running of my K100 Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:29 am

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
If it does turn out to be the fuel pump then this guy is selling oem one's at a bargain of a price.... It is where I got my replacement one from

ebay fuel pump

Poor running of my K100 169042Poor running of my K100 169034

7Back to top Go down   Poor running of my K100 Empty Re: Poor running of my K100 Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:07 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
that's the best price i have seen on a clone pump for a K

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

8Back to top Go down   Poor running of my K100 Empty Re: Poor running of my K100 Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:09 am

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
it is a superb fit, comes as the pump alone and works just like an oem one! I think the guy must have bought them in bulk some time back but they come very well packaged even with replacement terminal fittings and rubber boots for the cables!

9Back to top Go down   Poor running of my K100 Empty Re: Poor running of my K100 Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:22 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for posting the link - only £5.00 more than the Peugeot pump I have fitted at the moment too Wink

10Back to top Go down   Poor running of my K100 Empty Re: Poor running of my K100 Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:41 am

mike d

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Krambo,

From which Peugeot model did you get the pump?

Mike

11Back to top Go down   Poor running of my K100 Empty Re: Poor running of my K100 Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:52 am

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
The other question with the Pug pump is is it a perfect fit or need adaption? for £5 extra it could be worth the extra for a simple swap rather than needing to play around...

12Back to top Go down   Poor running of my K100 Empty Re: Poor running of my K100 Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:25 am

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
In reply to the previous posts - the replacement pump I used was for a Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6i 1987-88 - the one I purchased was brand new/boxed/old stock and is an exact match for our pump - it fits without any modification required. Like I said - it was an old stock but unused item and came in sealed packaging etc. It has worked without issues since I installed it - hope this helps Wink

13Back to top Go down   Poor running of my K100 Empty Re: Poor running of my K100 Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:32 am

mike d

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for that, worth bearing in mind.

I just bought a second hand one to replace an original that was seized up. All working o.k. so far, but good to know which alternative is suitable.

Mike

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum