BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Cable spec. Empty Cable spec. Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:56 am

BooG

BooG
Platinum member
Platinum member
Am doing a cable repair on my right front indicator. Intermittent flash when on has been solved by newly crimped spade connectors. I would like to save the 3 point connector where the cables tee off to the front signals. What is the spec of the cable(s) in terms of mm and amps? Is it easy to get hold of the correctly coloured cable?
Thanks.

2Back to top Go down   Cable spec. Empty Re: Cable spec. Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:23 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
It's unlikely you could get a new piece of cable the right color but a breakers yard would most likely have some old wire harness that you could cut a bit from.

Personally I would not be too concerned about it and just use a piece similar in size, maybe a bit larger and just note down what was used and where.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Cable spec. Empty Re: Cable spec. Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:39 am

BooG

BooG
Platinum member
Platinum member
The old wire is pretty dark, even after I've cut back the plastic to prep it for new crimps. I buffed up the copper strands carefully with some wire wool and it seems to have worked out OK. I'm searching on the net at the mo....those small spade connectors inside the splitter box are real difficult to track down....as is any type of coloured cable....
anything in a scrap-yard may be dodgy inside as well...my wiring loom is 25 years old, so I guess its not doing too bad!!!! Maybe I'll leave it at that, and get out while the going is good!!

4Back to top Go down   Cable spec. Empty Re: Cable spec. Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:23 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
cable similar to what we call .5 or .75 mm would be fine, i guess that equals something like .04 or .03 of an inch anyhow anything rated for about 5 amps would be good as a minimum the indicators would only draw under 2 amps

hope this helps

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum