BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty Injector alternatives Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:45 pm

Hover K100

Hover K100
Silver member
Silver member
I'm having problems with my injectors caused by a failing fuel pump. Are there any other injectors that suit the K100 other than the ford truck type?
BTW two craft in this video use K100 engines https://www.youtube.com/user/HoverIreland#p/a/u/0/0ZeXyp1gyKc
Mine is at 0:29

https://www.youtube.com/user/HoverIreland?feature=mhee

2Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty Re: FPR and injectors alternatives Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:51 pm

Click on this link for an idea of what's out there....he even specifies the flow rate and offers 'uprated' versions for older K's.

http://www.euromotoelectrics.com/category_s/43.htm

Here's an eBayer from Idaho USA with a very good price on a set of four.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-K100-Motorcycle-Reconditioned-Fuel-Injectors-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eb55e9034QQitemZ200611369012QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Great little video of the hovercraft, too.

3Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty Re: FPR and injectors alternatives Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The Ford injectors that are the same and available here in Oz are from the 5lt V8 of 1995 era they were used in the Mustang of the same period.

The engines were made in US and used in many of the cars there and here. The fuel pumps from that Mustang are a good replacement for the K100.

I am not sure if they were used in UK or anywhere in Europe.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty Re: FPR and injectors alternatives Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:39 pm

Hover K100

Hover K100
Silver member
Silver member
Thx for the replies, it would be quite hard 5l V8 here Very Happy, I've gone through the european list but cant find many with the same flow and impedence. I know BMW 323 from the 80's had someting similar.
Anyway I have found a seller here in Ireland with some K injectors which he will swap for some R parts I have so looking good but would still like some alternatives for future reference.
We run external fuel pumps and I found one from an old Merc that works just fine.
The problem was caused by the craft not having a high pressure filter and a failing fuel pump chucked bits into the injectors. Stupid me

6Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty FPR and injectors alternatives Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:50 pm

VPutin

VPutin
Diging Inet in searching of FRP and injectors articles found couple things, seems to be possible replacement of original ones. (because of the price of original one, and (mainly) long delivery time, at least here, in Russia)
FRP
0 280 160 221 - comes to Opel and some other cars
2.5 Bars
pretty same as original one, but with little problem to fix it.
FPR and injectors alternatives Img_0110

injectors
Bosch 0 280 150 716
according Bosch site, they use it for K100'90 for some time and also for K1, which my bike got same engine.
But original article from BMW give another bosch injectors for all K-bikes (same one for all models/years)

Does somebody study these articles as possible replacement of original ones?

7Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty Re: FPR and injectors alternatives Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
G'day Mr President.

Here's a link to one article about injector alternatives. Say hello to Mr Medvedev, or are you two not speaking lately?
FPR and injectors alternatives 652573

http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/t2473-injector-alternatives

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

8Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty Re: FPR and injectors alternatives Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:54 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Is THIS something that might help?

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland FPR and injectors alternatives Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

9Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty Re: FPR and injectors alternatives Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:24 am

VPutin

VPutin
Two Wheels Better wrote:G'day Mr President.

Here's a link to one article about injector alternatives. Say hello to Mr Medvedev, or are you two not speaking lately?
FPR and injectors alternatives 652573

http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/t2473-injector-alternatives
Ooh Gees, there is no place to hide... )

unfortunately such tables (which you easily can find alot all over Inet) do not care required information. Like one you mentioned, where is no info about our regular injector ...705. so there is no data to compare.
So basic data you shouls find to campare is form-factor (that mean size and connector type mostly), resistance, productivity. But also is qite importants injector "reaction" speed - something like speed of opening, but this data is really hard to find.
So, only one alternative I found was ...715 injectors, that goes to 3series BMW cars - which chipper and can be easily found, at least, here in Russia

10Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty Re: FPR and injectors alternatives Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:06 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Don't forget to look at the pressure they're intended for. The amount listed is in association with a certain fuel rail pressure. Ours are for 2.5 Bar, quite a few of the BMW car ones seem to be for 3.0 Bar.

Rene

11Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty Re: FPR and injectors alternatives Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:17 am

VPutin

VPutin
VPutin wrote:
FRP
2.5 Bars
One thing that do not let me sleep well
is will be ok to use plastic clamp with high temperature of engine, or better use metal one???

12Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty Re: FPR and injectors alternatives Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:35 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
I personally would always go for proper steel (stainless..) clamps, but you need to look at the pressure in the line as well. For the return probably plastic could be used, I wouldn't for the pressurised lines.

Rene

13Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty Re: FPR and injectors alternatives Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:47 am

VPutin

VPutin
ReneZ wrote:I personally would always go for proper steel (stainless..) clamps, but you need to look at the pressure in the line as well. For the return probably plastic could be used, I wouldn't for the pressurised lines.
that's for sure for hose clams,
but my question, actualy, was about calmp on the photo, wich hold FRP to those bracket.

14Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty Re: FPR and injectors alternatives Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:44 am

Hover K100

Hover K100
Silver member
Silver member
At the moment I'm running on a set of injectors from a mid 90's BMW 316 or 323 and the engine starts and runs very well indeed. I'll check for the injector number later. They are really cheap around here because everybody tries bigger injectors in that model car!!

15Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty Re: FPR and injectors alternatives Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:38 am

VPutin

VPutin
VPutin wrote:Diging Inet in searching of FRP and injectors articles found couple things, seems to be possible replacement of original ones. (because of the price of original one, and (mainly) long delivery time, at least here, in Russia)
FRP
2.5 Bars

injectors
Bosch 0 280 150 716
according Bosch site, they use it for K100'90 for some time and also for K1, which my bike got same engine.
But original article from BMW give another bosch injectors for all K-bikes (same one for all models/years)

Does somebody study these articles as possible replacement of original ones?
put mentioned articles on bike.

injectors runs well
FPR seems run well also...
qiute cheaper according original ones.

16Back to top Go down   FPR and injectors alternatives Empty Re: FPR and injectors alternatives Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:49 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
In my 8V K100RS with K1100 35mm throttle bodies I am using the K11 injectors. The original K100 injectors are rated to flow 133cc of fuel per minute and the K11/K12 series flow 150cc pm. I have not stuck a sniffer up the bunghole to check the mixture for emissions. There is a smidge more soot around the tailpipe egress hole but the bike runs cleanly and fuel mileage is about the same as before.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum