BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

colorado k100rs

colorado k100rs
Just recently purchased the bike and found out that brake fluid has been slowly leaking onto the disks on the front brakes. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a rebuild kit from "Brembo"? Is there any "Do it yourself" info out there and is this a common problem on a bike of this age?

Thank You!

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Welcome to the forum. When you get a mo' jump over to Member's Introduction and give us the skinny on your bike and yourself a bit. Also, write which year/model you have in your signature under 'Profile'. In a day or two you can then PM Crazy Frog and request a password to the forum's excellent library of downloads and such.

The two-pot Brembo caliper repair kit is BMW part number 34 11 2 310 493 and at US dealers is about $35.00 per caliper. It includes only the seals. If the piston is stuffed you'll have to replace the caliper, or search for a supplier who stocks that dimension piston. I have a pair of secondhand calipers available here in Seattle.

Imagine that after 27 years of use, and who knows what level of maintenance, a caliper can spring a leak. In general these calipers, which have been in use on Airheads, early K bikes, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Laverda (on the Italians since the '70s) and etc., are perty damned reliable.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum