BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   warm up with start button Empty warm up with start button Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:18 pm

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Hello all, here temp is 15 in the morning, 20 at midday. Choke gives too much revs, so I started to use start button for 15 to 20 sec after start up. Bike responds just as I like. But I am not shure any damage possible on electric or fuel system?

Regards

2Back to top Go down   warm up with start button Empty Re: warm up with start button Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:46 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hi nino ...i believe that there is a starter motor lockout (stops the relay from operating ) above a certain revs of the motor but not sure at what revs this occurs . this should prevent any mechanical damage .

otherwise the start signal enriches the fuel mix and a few here have suggested that it wont hurt anything ...

personally i have not tried this ..

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   warm up with start button Empty Re: warm up with start button Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
If the engine is running above 770 RPM then the starter relay wont opperate as the ICU removes the earth from it.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   warm up with start button Empty Re: warm up with start button Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
That was close, Rick...according to bmw it`s 711 rpm... but what does it matter.....

5Back to top Go down   warm up with start button Empty Re: warm up with start button Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:53 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Thanks I will put that in my memory bank and probably forget again. My poor brain is cloged with 62 years of garbage and I just can't get rid of any of it to make room for more.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

6Back to top Go down   warm up with start button Empty Re: warm up with start button Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:55 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
External disc?............rather cheap these days.

7Back to top Go down   warm up with start button Empty Re: warm up with start button Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:01 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I tried plugging it in and it hurt too much and .no....no Too much information.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum