BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   injectors stuck Empty injectors stuck Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:08 am

jfg3

jfg3
Hey everyone, I'm in the middle of an 85 k100rt rebuild. I'm removing the fuel rail due to rust and corrosion, however the injectors seem to be stuck in pretty good. Both sides of the fuel lines and the two bolts holding the rail in place have been removed as well as the little metal clips on the electrical connectors.
I apologize as this is pretty simple it would seem, but it really has me stumped. Any suggestions?

2Back to top Go down   injectors stuck Empty Re: injectors stuck Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:20 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Put the metal clips back on, put some diesel fuel down the hole the injectors go into and leav for 24 hrs then use a lever under the rail to lift them out. They can be VERY stubborne. I remember watching Charlie99 trying to get one or two of his out and having a lot of fun with them.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   injectors stuck Empty Re: injectors stuck Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:38 am

jfg3

jfg3
that sounds like even more fun than I expected!
Thanks for the quick reply!

4Back to top Go down   injectors stuck Empty Re: injectors stuck Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:51 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
was a fun day rick .....grin

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   injectors stuck Empty Re: injectors stuck Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:35 am

Themason

Themason
Gold member
Gold member
Clean the area around the injectors thoroughly. I has to be spotless. You do NOT want little chunk of something falling down the injector hole into your cylinder. Cleanliness is important here. Once the injectors are removed cover the openings with a clean rag or tape over the openings. Best to clean before removing anything.

1984 K-100RS Alaska Blue w/Parelever and 16V wheels.

1984 K-100RS Metallic Madison stock

1986 R-80G/S w/1000 cc engine

2007 Harley Davidson Street Rod Mirage Orange w/XR1200 wheels, Race Tech, True Track, Works Performance shocks

2007 Harley Davidson Street Rod Vivid Black stock

1993-ish K-100/1100RT/LT hemaphrodite frankenbike thingy to be painted satin black from a rattle can eventually

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum