BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty hello from Quebec Canada Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 pm

chap61

chap61
Hello, I'm Denis Very Happy from Canada.
Last October got myself a nice K100 LT 1987 with 90000Km.
Had just enough time to ride it a few days before winter, now in storage since November. Can't wait for April to take it out.
This week we had -22C temperature outside and of course we have lot of snow. Winter is long here Crying or Very sad when you are a motorcycle owner. Looking forward to read the forum and get info on maintenance.
Thanks for this forum hello from Quebec Canada 292303

2Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty Re: hello from Quebec Canada Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:20 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the funny farm Chap61, you sure have come to a good place for the info you're going to need.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty Re: hello from Quebec Canada Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:22 am

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Denis. I've had cabin fever of late, and become depressed at the thought of a long and cold winter. Then I remember our Canadian neighbors and I get embarrassed at feeling sorry for myself. Here in Idaho I usually can ride a good 10 months each year.
However, this year seems to be an exception. Crying or Very sad

4Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty Re: hello from Quebec Canada Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:25 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yeah you guys have been getting a bit of a freeze over there while we are baking a bit of middle ground would be nice.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty hello from Quebec Canada Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:51 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome chap 61/denis
Nice to have you with us.
sometimes it is nice to share the warm with the cold, I can't imagine how you guys operate in those temps.
Regards RT

6Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty Re: hello from Quebec Canada Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:26 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Denis.

Don't you like Québec's laws?

"Between December 15 to March 15, the owner of a passenger vehicle registered in Québec may not put the vehicle into operation unless it is equipped with tires specifically designed for winter driving....."

Have you ever seen snow tires for a motorcycle?
Even if the road are still clear after December 15, you cannot ride anymore.

Don't worry, the forum will keep you busy until March.

CF

7Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty Re: hello from Quebec Canada Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:45 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Chap61.

I go stir crazy when I can't go for a ride when we have a couple of days of rain (I'm a sook), so I can't imagine months of freezing cold weather!

Bide your time with us, work on your bike and post what you have done...with lots of photos.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

8Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty Re: hello from Quebec Canada Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:36 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Denis welcome to the forum.

BIG D

9Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty Re: hello from Quebec Canada Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:22 pm

Life time member
Life time member
greetings '61, good to see another Canadian joining in. Hopefully an early spring will see you working on the bike and having it ready for a good summer's riding. Keep us posted on the progress and ask plenty questions.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

10Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty Re: hello from Quebec Canada Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:59 pm

10-ring

10-ring
Silver member
Silver member
Hi

I know what you mean. This has been a cold month here in Wi.

Come on spring. Lots of fun and info here enjoy .

11Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty welcome from Chicago! Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:11 pm

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
Hello Chap61, this is a wild crowd. Welcome!

Uncle Jim

Peggy's 1987 K75s Columbia Grey 9500miles 6 valve.

hello from Quebec Canada K100_m12

hello from Quebec Canada K75_po12
hello from Quebec Canada Basil_10
http://www.nachicagonorth.com

12Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty Re: hello from Quebec Canada Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:30 pm

AJ.Valente

AJ.Valente
Life time member
Life time member
+1

From New Hampshire.

13Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty Re: hello from Quebec Canada Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:36 pm

sojelade

+1

Welcome from Kings Lynn in Norfolk. East of England UK.

14Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty Re: hello from Quebec Canada Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:29 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard Denis - enjoy your time here Wink

15Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty Re: hello from Quebec Canada Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:33 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Welcome to the madhouse, Denis......we're all K nuts.

16Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty Re: hello from Quebec Canada Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:43 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Denis,
Good to have you with us.
Regards,
K-BIKE

17Back to top Go down   hello from Quebec Canada Empty Re: hello from Quebec Canada Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:06 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome denis

enjoy your ride when next you can , they are great machines

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum