BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   My Bike will not start Empty My Bike will not start Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:47 am

MikeK100

Hi Guys

My K100 has decided not to start, the ignition lights are all illuminated, the battery has life but when I push the starter button....Nada..nothing ..not even a whimper. I tried putting power to the starter direct and this turned the engine over, so I guess it must be an electrical problem somewhere.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP please
Mike Very Happy

2Back to top Go down   My Bike will not start Empty Re: My Bike will not start Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:47 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Mike,
First thing that I would check is if the headlight is working. I f yes, it should go off when you push the starter button.
If the head light doesn't work, check the kill switch. It it works,try to start when pulling the clutch.
The starter button is fed by the Gear digital display when the bike is in neutral. If you are in gear, the clutch switch will feed the starter button.

Here is the starter electrical circuit.
My Bike will not start Starter

3Back to top Go down   My Bike will not start Empty Re: My Bike will not start Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:11 pm

MikeK100

Hi Crazy Frog

I turned the headlight on sunny it shone like the sun and stayed that way even when I pushed the starter button 🇳🇴

With the headlight on I tried the kill switch on and off...it still shone like the sun in both positions sunny

I pulled the clutch in and 🇳🇴 ........phmmf....nothing happened not a thing. Dead, deceased, shuffled off this mortal coil, legs up in the air, not breathing....it is dead.....but the headlight shone like the sun sunny

bounce I am not much good with diagrams but I am keen at following wires.

I did have the gearbox off again the other day but I did connect the three wires back up 1. to the gearbox 2. to the brake sensor and 3.foot brake switch. AM I missing something obvious? cheers

4Back to top Go down   My Bike will not start Empty Re: My Bike will not start Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:14 pm

MikeK100

Crazy Frog
Does the half of your diagram that is missing from the picture show anything vital?

5Back to top Go down   My Bike will not start Empty Re: My Bike will not start Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
MikeK100 wrote:Crazy Frog
Does the half of your diagram that is missing from the picture show anything vital?

Try to expand your web browser on full screen. If you still cannot see it, grab a copy here: Starter schematic.

If your light is not turning off when pushing on the starter button, I would first check if the power is going to the coil of the starter relay. (This is the white plug on the starter relay) If you do get 12v when you press the starter button, their is a good chance that the relay is bad.
The load shed relay will not release if the starter relay is bad.
A starter relay cost $140 at BMW, but only $49.00 at EuroMotoElectrics (part # BOREL-K008).

Bert

6Back to top Go down   My Bike will not start Empty Re: My Bike will not start Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:16 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Your handy test light is your friend here as it draws a bit of current and if it lights when you try to start and it is connected to the start relay coil then the relay should pull in if it is not faulty.
Regards,
K-BIKE

7Back to top Go down   My Bike will not start Empty Start relay coil Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:36 pm

MikeK100

Where is the start relay coil located ? Embarassed

Still no joy..... 🇳🇴

8Back to top Go down   My Bike will not start Empty Re: My Bike will not start Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:29 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Look in the download section there is a good diagram of the relay box and LOTS of other good stuff!
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum